49

"So how dO we go about this? Do y'all have people we can call or some shit?!" Jamal paced in the living room as everyone gathered around to think

Everyone was sat down except for him. He was pacing, something about not being able to see his brother Spooky rotting in jail.

I glanced around the room whilst I sat in my seat. The room was silent. Nothing was being said but you could just feel the tension in the air.

"How the fuck did this even happen?" Cesar finally asked. That was the question we've been silently asking ourselves. How did this happen?

Why now? After almost 5 years.

This was not right and we all knew it. I rubbed my temples thinking back to the words Camilla said. Why the fuck would SHE do that? How does this ; Oscar getting locked up benefit her?

I was going through different emotions but the most strongest one that refused to leave me was GUILT. I was being eaten alive with guilt because we all knew Oscar had nothing to do with the death of Scottie. I did it. I was the one that pulled the trigger. I was the one that killed him and I should be the one locked up right now. Not him.

"We don't know but it ain't good." Benji mumbled rubbing his face stressed. You could see how stressed he was heck we were all fucking stressed. This shit rocked the boat and now we're all overboard. Struggling to stay afloat. Trying to come up with a way for us not to fucking die.

"W-what happened that night?." I asked not sure I wanted to know. After what happened that night I was whisked away and I never looked back. ".what happened after we left?" I asked frowning.

"Nothing. We left him there. This motherfucking Freeridge people get shot,jumped and murdered on every corner. The Feds don't bat an eye and it's always been like that." Chico explained and I nodded.

"It's always been like that except for now. It ain't like that. He's locked up for something I did. I killed him." My volume rose with each word. I was angry, I was guilty.

"Now's not the time to be doing that Leigh. We'll find a way to fix this. They can't keep him locked up for something that's happened years ago. Sure there must be some precedent to that." Pablo spoke up but his words did nothing to erase the guilt I was feeling.

"What do we need to do?" I asked sitting up straight. I looked at the members of Los Santos who was in my living room. One day after The FBI barged into my house and took Oscar away.

"We need to speak to Cookie. That's what we need to do." Benji spoke to himself and judging by the looks of agreement of most people in the room, This 'Cookie' was someone familiar. Someone I didn't know.

"Who's Cookie?" I asked asked Jamal who was sitting on the arm of the sofa I was on. He looked down at me and an unfamiliar look flashed in his eyes before he blinked it away.

"Cookie is good. Cookie will find a way to help Oscar." I twas not Jamal but Cesar who spoke.

I nodded already grateful for this Cookie person. Oscar needed all the help he could get and I was ready to move mountains or even help to do so just so that he got out.

My mind went to Camilla yet again. I was praying she had nothing to do with this but I had a feeling she does. I had this gut feeling telling me that this was all her, but what kind of power does she have to get the FBI to arrest Oscar like this.

Did she have connections?
Was Oscar already under the FBI's radar? The boys? Whole of fucking Los Santos?
I wasn't sure but I had a lot of questions. Questions I desperately wanted answers to. And I was ready to go deeper to find these answers.

"...what about Cuchillos?" I must've zoned out but I managed to catch the last of Ray's words.
Cuchillos. I've heard the name before and I struggled to remember where.

"Cuchillos." I said her name under my breath trying to think but I got nothing. I couldn't remember who this Cuchillos person was but she sounded familiar.

"We go to Cuchilllos today then." Everyone mumbled in agreement and everyone started standing up. I got on my feet quickly.

"W-wait! What can I do to help?" I blurted out and everyone stopped looking at me.

Pablo looked at the boys with uncertainty in his eyes.

"I don't know Leigh. We can't have you in this. Spooky will kill us if you get involved." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

I scoffed in disapproval. "It doesn't matter what he thinks now. He's not here. Look, I'm to blame for this shit and I would like to help..so tell me what can I do?" My voice was confident but I was anything but. I was nervous inside because initially I wanted nothing to do with this gang life but now I was willing to go to certain extent to help Oscar. He was doing good and I needed him doing good with ME and Alaïa.

"You can go with Chico speak to Cookie." Benji instructed and I nodded. Thankful that I was doing something.

I scurried over to the kitchen to grab my small cross body bag with the essentials in it.

Before I could leave the kitchen I stopped in my tracks when I heard whispering. Angry whispers.

"Why the fuck would you tell her to come with me Benji?!" It was Chico,whispering angrily on the other side of the wall.

I hid myself so I could listen on. Chico was unhappy and this was a first.

"Better that than have her meet fucking Cuchillos homie. It's cookie she won't do shit!" Benji replied annoyed.

"Exactly vato. It's fucking Cookie. You know it ain't gonna be good if those two meet each other"

I frowned.

Who was this Cookie?

"Fuck." Benji hissed "..just don't let Cookie do any dumb shit okay. Or I'll fucking slit her throat and that'll mean Oscar rots in jail. And we don't want that."

*****************
Hi lovelies!

I am finally back! (Not like I announced I was leaving) But guuuuys when I tell you I've been to hell and back please take my word for it.

So much has happened these past months and I honestly wanted to unearth myself because I was drowning in a sea of stress and so much more.

I initially started Rollercoaster and my other book Anti about a year ago as a way for me to cope with the stress and anxiety of being in lockdown. and if you're from the UK you know in January we went into lockdown until now (everything's opening back up) and unfortunately for me my mental health sank to a low but thankfully not as bad as it was last year but somehow still as worse.

I was dealing with so many things and my main focus these past months was to stay alive and not sink deeper into this dark pit which is why I haven't been updating. I just didn't have any energy to do anything and I was stuck in this vicious unproductive routine.

Reading comments from New readers as they go through so many different emotions reading my books really made me so happy and was a big reminder of why I started writing them in the first place.

So i heavily apologise for taking so long to update but like I said above I am back and I'm feeling a bit better now.

Thank you for the patience x