31

I couldn't get rid of how hard my heart was beating when I saw her standing behind the two of us

I couldn't get rid of how hard my heart was beating when I saw her standing behind the two of us. There she was in my driveway and I could tell that she was suspicious. He was reaching out to touch my skin, and I'm not going to lie and say that we wouldn't have probably ended up kissing if she didn't interrupt us but she did.

I couldn't get the look on Oscar's face, the annoyance.   But what really bothered me was the look on her face when he turned around. She took one good look at him and her frown deepened and I could see a hint of disgust.

"What are you wearing?" She asked him looking down at his attire, There was nothing wrong with it but by the look on her face she saw a million things wrong with it. But what did she expect? Does she know who he is? Who he was when they met? This was mother fucking Spooky Diaz or how I called him.. Spicky. He was a gang member, he was a cholo what the fuck did that woman expect?

"Earth to Leigh-Anne.." I jumped when I felt someone shaking my body and I looked up to see Clara who had taken a seat next to me at Dwayne's Joint. The place we agreed to meet.

She had a look of worry on her face. "You okay there? I've called you like five times but you were glaring at the glass in front of you." I looked down at it and frowned

"Sorry I've been thinking about some things." I apologise giving her a small smile.

"I can imagine...are you okay?" I chuckled smiling at her. She's asked me that question every time she saw me ever since the accident happened and I always told her the truth. I am fine.

Being me and having gone through a lot of things, being shot at and being injured so many times was nothing new. But the only thing that bothered me was Alaïa. She was a strong girl just like her mother, she's still having trouble sleeping but these past few days she's been okay.

"You know the answer to that Clara." She rolled her eyes dismissively

"Sooo, how did the date with Nathan go by the way? I always forget to ask you that." I cringed at the topic. I haven't seen him for like 2 weeks and that date is a night I wish to completely erase from my memory.

"Absolutely horrible." Her eyes widened in amusement and she chuckled

"That bad?" She questioned and I gave her a knowing look.

"He spent most of the night trying to dig into my life and throw digs at Oscar. Don't get me wrong Oscar is a lot of things but I'm not going to let a complete stranger bash him base off stereotypes." I argued feeling myself getting heated. Nathan's words about Oscar being a deadbeat bothering me all over again.

"Oh wow... I should've warned you he's quite...entitled." She frowned at her choice of word and I laughed.

Entitled wasn't the word, he was just an asshole.

"The only good thing is that I got an expensive free meal and that is all for me." I shrugged. Fancy meals at a fancy restaurants...I proceeded to go to Wendy's and bought some actual food after.

Paula came and and took our order and then her attention was on me once again this time she had a huge smirk on her face. I looked at her warily unsure what was going on.

"Soooo...." she started leaning on her hand looking at me like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland,such a weird film in my opinion.

"So?" Looking down at the food placed infront of us.
I reached over taking one of her fries, she simply glared at me but then went back to grinning at me.

"You're really freaking me out.." I said munching on the fries. People's food is always better.

"So, a little birdie told me that you and a certain retired but back again gang leader shared a rather steamy kiss." I looked at her blankly.

Unbelievable,these boys were unbelievable. They were like little girls, gossiping every chance they get.

"I swear these boys are dicks.. why would Benji even tell you that." I frowned.

"Who even said Benji told me mami.." she looked away from me and I gave her a really look.

She let out a breath "Fine it was Papi but he tells me everything." She defended.

I cringed at the use of the word Papi but I sighed looking outside.

We kissed and what?

"It was just a kiss Clara." I dismissed her. There was nothing to say,just a kiss that's it. Exes kiss right?

"Oh no Chica you ain't doing this. This wasn't just any kiss this was you and Oscar kissing. Oh how I wish I was there for the Loscar era." I glared at her.

"He has a girlfriend Clara." I put emphasis on the word girlfriend. But as I said it out loud it finally dawned on me. He had a girlfriend and he kissed me. He cheated on his girlfriend with me... I felt bad,extremely bad. All I could think about is the countless of times I had to deal with girls that wanted Oscar, how jealous I felt...betrayed to some extent that some other girls that the audacity to like him.

But he kissed me, Why would he? The kiss just left me confused because Oscar wasn't the type to cheat. He was always faithful.. I think?

"You're in your head again." She stared and I shrugged
"But if it makes you feel any better no one likes her. And I do mean no one. She's like the washed off, pawn shop version of Jessica Alba." She rolled her eyes.

I knew the boys didn't like her but I never knew why.

"Why don't they like her though?" I questioned curiously.

She cleared her throat "It's not my place to say but, something happened and the boys got her revenge and then after that..she looked at them like they were pieces of shit and forgot what they did for her."

I pursed my lips because now I was really curious but it wasn't my place to snoop.

But I will find out eventually because curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back and I was the cat.. I was real curious now.