48

"Waking up in the morning thinking about so many things

"Waking up in the morning thinking about so many things.." I looked up with a frown on my face staring at Jamal who was lying on my couch on his phone.

"..I just wish things would get better. I'm tire.-." He was cut off from His contistipated singing with a slap from my mum who pushed his leg off the couch.

"Get you dirty ass long chicken legs off my couch." She scolded

"Technically it's Leigh's house." Jamal fired back subtly glaring at her. My mum stopped in her tracks and gave Jamal the stank eyes who looked away rolling his eyes.

Grown Jamal wasn't scared of shit and it showed.

"Guys the party starts in like 2 hours. Get a move on!" I spoke to the two at the same time the front door barged open and in walked the boys.

"Who ordered cake with a side 3 hot cholos." Chico greeted loudly as he led the way for Benji and Chico, a box with Laïa's cake in hand. I quickly got up rushing over to him as he placed the box on the table.

I took a peak and smiled at the beautiful creation. Just for my baby.

Alaïa was turning four today and I wanted to cry. I knew this birthday was different because this is the first time she was going to have everyone here. Family both from Mine and Oscar's side.

"Nothing hot about you gang banger." Jamal muttered as he walked over to also take a peak of the cake.

Fearless

"I don't know he kinda cute." my mum walked over not to take a look at the cake but to stand next to Chico who looked up at her slyly.

"Ew.. not my mum you weirdo." I glared at him turning back around to the task I was previously doing.

Both Oscar and I agreed to go all out for Alaïa's birthday and that's exactly what we were doing. We ordered a tent and the whole of my small backyard was covered. It was enough to fit the 20 people who was invited. 20 people that mattered.

"Where the Princessa anyway?" Pabs asked helping me with the balloons as I walked out the back door.

"Oscar." I answered. He wanted to spend the first half of Alaïa's birthday with her. It was his first birthday and he wanted to make the most of it. I keep thinking back to when he said he wouldn't be A good dad. That was a lie because he is an amazing father and that's something I'm sure of.

I don't know how much time passed but before I knew it everyone was helping me decorate the small space we had.

Jamal,Ruby and Jasmine was in charge of entertainment and games and they were busy setting it up. Chico and Pabs was setting up the DJ table whilst Benji helped Clara with the final touch of decorations. My mum and dad was in charge of food and I just stood there staring at everyone doing their thing.

"Don't regret coming back now huh!" I looked up and smiled at Uncle Dwayne nodding my head in agreement. If you asked me now if I did regret it the answer would be no but ask me when shit is hitting the fan the answer would definitely be yes!

I sighed crossing my arms at the same time as I heard a squeal coming from inside the house. Soon enough the noise got closer and Oscar walked in carrying Alaïa like a sack of potatoes. I stared at them in horror but she had the biggest smile on her face giggling as her father flipped her until she was on her own two feet.

"Mummy! Mummy! Daddy is the best!" She squealed running over to me hugging my feet. I smiled at that and nodded in agreement.

Oscar is the best.

"Bye." She said shortly after that and ran over to her uncles who were equally as obsessed with her.

I felt Oscar's hand snake around my waist as he pulled me back to him.

"Our daughter's 4." He whispered in my ears and I chuckled.

"She is." I let him hug me from behind taking his scent in.

Why do guys smile so danm good?!

We swayed back and forth while we looked at the birthday girl bathing in the attention she was getting.

It took me a while to realise what we were doing and then I stepped away from him giving him the side eye as he looked at me confused.

What did I think this was? He had a whole girlfriend and a baby on the way. How can I stand here and pretend we're one big happy family.

"You have a girlfriend and a baby on the way Oscar. I can't forget that." I frowned before turning around and going back to the house.

It shouldn't bother me and maybe just for one day I could act like we were just that... One big happy Family.

I stopped in my tracks to the bedroom when I heard the doorbell. I checked the time and half expected it to be the likes of Sad Eyes or one of the others, here for the birthday party.

But as I opened the door I was met two men in business casual attire. 'My eyes went down to their waist band landing on an FBI badge.

"Can I help you?" I asked a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"My name is Agent Carter and I'm looking for Oscar Diaz." The feeling sank even deeper.

"I'm sorry?" I questioned glancing behind me nervously.

"Listen ma'am we're loooking for Oscar Diaz. We have a warrant for his arrest." My heart stopped. I stood there gaping at the men in front of me.

What? I thought the feds don't get involved in gang business in Freeridge. I thought everyone was careful about their activities.

Stuck in my thoughts and in shock I was taken aback when I was pushed to the side as the men enetered my house.

My flight or fight kicked in and I rushed infront of them.

"You can't just barge into my house like this! I have a kid! It's my daughters birthday!" I said in a panic trying to stop them from going any further. I was pleading at this point. Not today.

I held my hand out blocking Agent whatever his name is infront of me.

"I suggest you move before we use force.". He warned and I shook my head.

"You'll have to kill me first." Before anything else could be said a voice was heard behind me.

"Hey is everything okay?" I turned to see Benji standing behind me, looking at the FBI Agents infront of me. to my dismay Oscar walked behind him.

"Oscar Diaz.?" The man asked staring directly at him. I gave him a pleading look. I wanted him to lie and say it wasn't him but he didn't.

"Who's asking?" He asked glaring at the man already

"You're under arrest for the murder of Scott Fernandez."

I could feel the life leaving my body as everything unfolded in front of me. Shit went from 0 to 100 in a few minutes but I zoned out as I looked on as Oscar was put in handcuffs.

I could hear Alaïa crying in the distant and felt myself pick her up as she cradled me.

"You're going to regret this." Camilla's voice rang in my head.

You're going to regret this