2

"You packing already man

"You packing already man." I glanced behind me to see Joey, one of the guys I work with and nodded.

"I got shit to do and places to be." I smirked. It was true, and the place I needed to be is back in Freeridge. A 30 minute drive from my house and about the same from my workplace. A 30 minute drive I was willing to take every danm day.

I checked my phone sending a quick text to Camilla telling her where I was headed. One thing I promised myself I would do is be a good boyfriend, I was in it to potentially wife her and build a family with her, I no longer had time for little boy games. Leigh-Anne taught me that.

I drove through Freeridge feeling some sort of nostalgia settling in, I won't lie and say I don't miss this place,in fact I miss it too much but moving out of here was one of the best decision I made. I actually made a life for myself.

Life outside of Freeridge was definitely different, I haven't heard any gunshots or even used a gun or was involved in any altercation. I missed it yeah, but it was for the good. I refused to be labelled as one of the cholos that had no life outside of this gang life.

I parked outside my old home, my old home that was  now Benji's. Cesar was off wherever with his dumb friends and I knew soon he was about to start college. I got out of the car and walked into the house to see the homies lounging around, once they saw me a beer was quickly shoved in my hand and I was passed a blunt.

"I fucking miss you fool you know that." I looked at Chico chuckling.

"You acting like i moved out of Cali. I'm a drive away, a drive you can make." I pointed out. They refused to drive to me, it hurt but I understood where they were coming from. My house wasn't exactly in a perfect position for people like us. It was hard for me to fit in with my tear drop tattoo and the huge ass Santos cross on the side of my neck unlike Camilla who settled right in. She was the pretty Latina that lived down the street and I was the dangerous boyfriend.

Luckily I really don't give a shit about what people have to say.

"Now you know danm well I ain't coming to that hood homie. Over my dead body. I love you but no." I chuckled already knowing that was going to be the answer. That was always their answer.

"So how you doing? All good? Job good?" Pablo asked focusing on the TV. Ever since I left I knew the relationship we had was broken. Our bond was bent and it wasn't the same.

"I'm good man. Everything is....fine." My mind wandered to Alaïa and then involuntarily to Leigh-Anne.

"Osc man, have you heard anything from Leigh?" I raised my eyebrow at the odd question from Benji and by the look on his face I knew he knew something I didn't know. I wouldn't even be surprised if he got In touch with her and they were talking. These three idiots loves her to death.

"Nah man. Shit's hard." I frowned just thinking about it. She was on the East coast and here I was on the West coast, how this whole parent thing worked I had no fucking idea.

"I think you should like call her or some shit like that." I frowned even deeper this confirming that he definitely knew something I didn't.

"You know something I don't?" I questioned and he looked away briefly from me.

"This gonna be fun." I knew Pablo was talking about this but he kept his eyes on the TV

"She moved back man." I stopped breathing for a few seconds before my brows furrowed in confusion.

Moved back?

"What you mean moved back? To where? Freeridge?" I questioned. How did I not know that?

"10 minutes outside of it yeah man. Saw her yesterday." He shrugged as if this wasn't a big deal.

I wondered why she would do it. She made it sound like she was never going to come back here, like her life was doing great in New York but now she was here. I couldn't help but get a little pissed off at this, because she didn't tell me.

"Don't be getting all mad and shit homie. She wanted to settle in before telling you. She just moved here like last week." Benji glared already knowing my reaction.

I sighed rubbing my face leaning into the sofa taking a hit of the perfectly rolled blunt. I suddenly lost interest in being here,my whole mood changing.

"You know what man, I'm outta here. I have to Work the afternoon shift and I need some sleep." I was already on my feet.

Chico raised his eyebrow in question, while Benji just stared at me blankly slowly shaking his head and Pablo on the other hand, his eyes was still on that TV.

"Yeah whatever man." I heard Benji whisper under his breath but I ignored it walking out of the house to my car.

I drove wanting to be at home as soon as possible. I slammed the door shut before walking into the house

"Babe is that you?" I heard Camilla call out and I followed her voice to the kitchen where she was cooking something. My shoulders relaxed and I smiled.

"You know cooking is my thing why you doing it?" I questioned walking over to her. She turned around with a huge smile on her face wrapping her hand around my neck as I brought her closer

"Maybe because I wanted to do something for you,because you deserve it." She whispered the last part giving me a small kiss. As she went to pull away my lips went back to hers. I didn't want to stop kissing her.

She laughed through the kiss but didn't stop me.

"I'm cooking Oscar." She pulled away slightly and whined but I didn't give her a chance to get away from me before my lips was attacking her again.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" I turned us around pushing her against the kitchen island.

I hated to admit it but I couldn't get one person out of my head even when I was taking her clothes off. I wanted to use her as a distraction but it wasn't helping.

She was back to haunting my thoughts. AGAIN.