12

"Guess who's here?" I announced as I walked through the back door of Oscar's old house and all the three boys turned to me

"Oh god, oh god." Chico started fanning himself when he saw Alaïa followed closely behind me cowering away,hiding behind my leg.

"Calm the-." Pablo was about to curse before stopping himself staring at me nervously "..Just calm down you gonna scare her fool." He smacked Chico who's eyes never left Alaïa

"You fools really going to scare my prima-." Benji told the boys before directing his attention to the little girl of the day ". Come here and give a besito to your tío Laïa." And in seconds Alaïa was running towards Benji for a hug.

I crossed my arms smiling at that happily.

"I've never seen them act so soft." I jumped startled as Oscar spoke next to me.

"Fucking hell Oscar." My hand went to my heart which was beating fast.

"Sorry." He gave me a lazy smirk and I immediately looked away a strange feeling running through my body. It wasn't that strange of a feeling,because I knew exactly what was happening. I subtly closed my legs even more.

"Camilla told me she bumped into you." He spoke up and I nodded.
"Yeah. She said she would like to meet because she's her stepmother." Venom dripped in my voice at the last word and I turned to face him completely, a hard look in my eyes.

He sighed shaking his head looking down "I'm sorry." He apologised

"Are you two that secure?" I asked tilting my head studying just face.

"We've been together for quite some time Leigh. We've done know wrong to each other." He smacked his lips and I followed his tongue as he licked his lip.

"You know what I really loved about you?" I questioned. I don't know whether it was a good thing that my attention wasn't on Alaïa and those crazy idiots.

He raised his perfectly shaped eyebrow a sign for me to continue "it's that you don't live up to the stereotype of what people thing gang members are when it involves relationships. You're loyal, you were loyal to me. I had that stereotype you know but I've come to the conclusion that gang members are the most loyal partners,and that's all thanks to you." I said softly a faint smile on my face as I stared up at him.

He chuckled looking me in the eyes, I would cower away from him but I chose to hold eye contact.

"We're loyal to the people we want to be loyal to." He responded and I nodded because he was right. The four of them were loyal to a fault and I love to see it.

"Why were you loyal to me? Why didn't you cheat? Why didn't you go to Maria?" I knew these weren't questions I should be asking but this was the first conversation I've had with him that didn't involve me wanting to stab him.

"I don't think you realise how much you mean to me." His voice was small and I finally looked away from him at his words.

He said mean not meant and I was going to overthink that the entire week now.

"I wanted a relationship with you meaning I was going to Stand by you. I told you that. I was all about you and there was only you. Plus I don't think I could ever go back to Maria after what happened." I looked back up at him and guilt was written all over his face.

My mind briefly went to that day.

"I-I." I struggled with what to say. What I wanted to do was pull his face towards me and kiss him but he wasn't mine. He was but he's not now.

"All of what happened that day was my fault. I never meant for you to get hurt. I was trying so hard to downplay the feelings I had for you,I wanted to forget it."  I turned my body and focused on the boys and Alaïa, I smiled at their interaction. I knew I was about to get an earful of today from Alaïa,I was going to hear her high pitch voice tell me how much she likes them.

I closed my eyes feeling the warmth of Oscar's body next to mine. This man was beautiful and the more I stayed here in Freeridge the more I remember everything about us. Everything reminded me of us and the past is the last place I needed to be stuck in.

"Oscar.." with a frown on my face I called out his name turning to look at him. He frowned looking back at me

"What if I said I want you back,what would you say?" I questioned keeping my face serious.

His eyes widened slightly and he looked like he was struggling with an answer. But I genuinely wanted to know the answer. Even if I didn't see us being an us again I wondered whether he thought otherwise.

He opened his mouth and closed it back again and did the same thing twice. I wanted to smirk about how baffled he looked.

We were interrupted when someone came running and instantly the atmosphere changed.

"Yo,Benji,one of the homies been beat up man." This young man spoke trying to catch his breath and my eyes went to Benji who gently put Alaïa down,all the boys around him turned serious even Oscar.

"Alaïa baby come here." I called her over and she ran over to me. I picked her up still looking at the group

"By who?" Benji questioned angrily.

"Who do you think? 19th street wilding man." The boy said finally catching his breath.

"They still messing with us?" Oscar's voice boomed and I almost jumped back.

"Ever since you left,they been acting out. I've been too nice to them." Benji frowned staring ahead.

"Urhm...Yeah, I think I should probably go." I spoke to no one in particular. I didn't mind being here with all of this happening but I don't want Alaïa around these things. My baby needed to be kept safe.

Everyone's eyes snapped to me and my eyes widened slightly.
"I'll give you a ride?" Oscar offered but I shook my head

"I actually drove here. Sorry." I gave him a small smile and with one final goodbye I was walking to my car leaving them to discuss business.

I don't know what this means for Oscar but by the look on his face I knew he wasn't happy,and its never a good thing when Oscar isn't happy.

I leaned back into the seat running my hand through my mess of a hair.

"What if I said I want you back, what would you say?"

That's where I fucked up.