3

I was so close to tearing up as I watched Alaïa being guided away from me into the school

I was so close to tearing up as I watched Alaïa being guided away from me into the school. The first thing I did when I was planning to move here, was enrol her in a school and now she was starting Nursery in the same school I did. I felt proud but I also felt sad.

I clutched my heart just watching her walk away and I could see the huge smile on her face. I frowned when she suddenly stopped but then she turned around, pulling her hand away from the teacher's before running over to me. I crouched down and held her as she hug me.

"Te quiero mami ." I let out a happy laugh kissing her forehead. That's one thing I wanted to make sure of is that she knew Spanish and she'll turn out as cultured as both of her parents. She's my Jamaican,Mexican and American love child.

"And I love you so much Princessa. Be good for me and have fun." I caressed her small face giving her one last kiss before taking her hand walking her back to the teacher who was waiting patiently for us.

"First day is always rough for parents." She commented and I nodded with a soft smile on my face. I waved a final goodbye and watched her as she disappeared into the school.

I huffed shaking my head trying to compose myself. This was honestly a whole other experience for me and I was still trying to cope.

I walked over to my car and just sat there. I still had some time until I start my residency at the hospital. It was ironic how I was trying to be a neurologist with my current problem.

I had no idea where to go, I didn't have Jamal to go over to and thar made me sad,and I didn't want to go say Hi to the rest of the boys in fear that I would see Oscar. Joshua was job hunting and my mum and dad was busy settling in their own house.

I had no one to go to and see...except for one person.

I made up my mind and began to drive to his house. Freeridge hadn't changed one bit and I was somewhat happy to see it like that.

I drove through a territory I never thought I'd see again and parked outside a familiar house. I was genuinely surprised that I remembered the address. I didn't even have to walk over to the front door seeing Him right there in his front yard lounging with his friends . He was grown now, his hair even longer and he had a girl sitting on his lap.

I got out of the car,and a few eyes landed on me except for his. It took a while of me standing there awkwardly until one of his friend bumped his arm and he turned over to me. His eyes widened and in seconds the girl was pushed off him and he was walking towards me.

"I don't know whether to bitch slap you or what ma." I rolled my eyes at his greeting letting him pull me into a hug.

"Nice to see you too." I said sarcastically pulling away from him. He eyed me from head to toe before smirking.

"You look good."

"Yeah I call that motherhood." I shrugged and he looked at me shock before he pursed his lips giving me a pointed look.

"Let me guess that bitch ass Cholo got you pregnant didn't he." It wasn't a question rather a statement and I nodded laughing.

"She's 3 now. Already in nursery already growing up."

"Ha. I'm an Uncle, Uncle Trelle." He did a little happy dance and I couldn't help but feel happy. It was strange how much I missed the brother I never knew I had.

"So how are you doing?" I asked. I looked pass him to see his gang friends behind him. He was still in that life and that made me sad.

"Doing good. Ty got killed a few months ago ma. Saddest shit I ever got to experience." My heart ached for him and I pulled him into another hug. That was his ride or die and I knew they were inseparable but that was one of the consequences of being in that life.

"Babe,who's that?" I stifled a laugh as the girl who was sat on his lap walked over to us with a frown on her face basically killing me softly with her eyes. Her words and her presence only annoyed Latrelle.

"Now that ain't your god danm business now is it?" He fired back and I felt bad for the girl who had a look of hurt in her eyes.

"Latrelle, don't be talking like that to a female man." I scolded smacking his arm and then turning to the girl.

"Hi, I'm his sister. And I do apologise for his behaviour. Boys can be Neanderthals sometimes." My eyes narrowed on Latrelle who was rolling his eyes.

How rude.

"You know what. I need to get going. Still a lot of unpacking to do." I announced and he grinned even wider

"You moving back ma?"
I nodded
"Yeah, something like that."

With one final hug I was in my car driving back to my house. I had nothing to do and I knew the rest of my day was going to consist of sleeping and snacking until I had to pick up Alaïa from school.

But as I pulled up in my driveway I suddenly felt sick because now I knew that wasn't how my day was going to be spent.

There, Oscar Diaz sat on my porch watching me pull up the driveway and the moment I got out of my car,judging by the look on his face. I knew This whole thing was going to be anything but pleasant.