47

I growled at the words Maria used

I walked out leaving Benji to deal with Filippo whilst I went to see if Leigh-Anne was okay. I needed to know that she was because this place must bring bad memories for her.

I stopped in my tracks seeing Leigh-Anne staring at Maria who yet agains still worked here. I have no idea what the fuck she's doing here because after that day I asked for her ass to get dragged out of this place but clearly she's good at sucking dick to be able to come back to this place.

I couldn't hear what she was saying but I knew nothing good was going to come out of the mouth of a whore. I slowly walked towards them and before Maria could react to whatever Leigh-Anne told her, her eyes landed on me and it widened in fear.

Leigh-Anne turned and faced me and that's when In seconds she was running away from me. Again.

I was about to follow her when I stopped in front of Maria who cowered in the corner.

"You might've sucked Fillipo's dick to come back here but consider your ass jobless.-." I cornered her my hand on the side of her head "..Get the fuck out of my club!" I snarled before pushing away from her and rushing outside after Leigh-Anne.

I cannot have a repeat of last time. Last time Leigh ran away she ran straight into trouble and I wanted no part in that. No way in hell am I going to let history repeat itself.

Isn't that what you're doing with 19th street. I ignored the little voice in the back of my head.

This was not the same.

When I walked outside I saw her leaning on the side of the car staring ahead,away from the building. Sighing I walked over carefully,prepared for whatever she had coming my way.

I made my way infront of her and stood there staring down at her but her eyes were focused on whatever was behind me.

"Leigh-." My voice made her eyes met mine and I winced at the emotions in them. She was hurting.

"How could you bring me here?" Her voice was small,lips quivering as she tried to hold back her tears. I bit the insides of my cheeks,clenching and unclenchijgnmy fist which was at my side.

"Why would you bring me here Oscar?" she asked once again.

"We shouldn't have come here. You're right. I'm-." She cut me off shaking her head.

"No dumb ass! Not here. Not now. Not today!" I resist the urge to scoff, she was emotional but not too emotional to not insult me but I kept my mouth shut not wanting to say anything because in this moment Leigh-Anne was vulnerable.

"On that day. Why did you bring me with you if you knew you'd end up having your dick in someone's mouth huh? Was it all part of your little game? Did you want to hurt me?" She questioned.

I frowned unsure what lead her to this conclusion. I shook my head "No, no. That wasn't it!" I defended myself.

"You said you wanted me. You told me you liked me only to go ahead and do that! Don't you ever think about what would've happened if you didn't bring me here? If you didn't leave me alone with that creepy bartender girl to get your dick sucked off by a stripper?" She questioned.

I've thought about all that. I have and I still do. I've thought about all the things I could've done differently for her safety. I've been thinking about that shit for years now.

"I wasn't thinking okay! I-I was just scared! I liked you a lot and it scared me,fuck it still scares me hermosa! I was not even meant to end up in that room. She followed me and I let her. I don't know why I did but I let her do it and for that I'm sorry." I apologised but I knew no amount of apologising would ever take back what happened to her.

I remember walking out of the strip club after that, I remember driving around trying to find her to tell her exactly what I've told her now. To apologise and say how much of a dumb ass I am for doing so but I couldn't find her...and then that's when I find out what happened to her.

A part of me died that day. It took only 5 minutes for the earth to swallow me whole and I never got over that feeling of dread finding out what happened to her.

"You're an asshole Oscar." She glared biting her still quivering lips.

I nodded because I knew that I am...was.

"You can call me whatever you want and I'll keep saying sorry for what happened that day." My words were ones of honesty. If she wanted me to say sorry every hour for all the shit I've put her through I gladly will.

I stared at her while she focused behind me once again and we stood there in silence.

"I'm sorry for reacting this way." She said after a few minutes of silence.

"I shouldn't have freaked out okay. I should've done what I needed to do back then and bust her head open." Her eyes connected with mine and I knew she was serious.

Danm.

"Violent don't you think?" I questioned crossing my arms trying to hide the smile on my face

"Bust her head and yours."

~~~

I closed the car door hearing Leigh close her side before walking over to me. We were back from our little 'adventure' in the words of Leigh-Anne, and I was taking her home.

We walked to her front door and before she could even get her keys out the door was opened and I stared at Paola who looked at the two of us a huge grin on her face.

"My babies!" She squealed her eyes twinkling.

"Mum." Leigh-Anne said with a frown.

"You staying for dinner Oscar? Making some good ole Mac and cheese." She offered looking at me hopefully. I glanced down at Leigh-Anne who was avoiding my gaze. She was still angry about earlier and she had the right to be.

"Nah that's fine. Got to go back home." I politely declined glancing at Leigh-Anne who stood there silently.

Paola looked between the two of us being sighing.
"That's fine. But I'll see you next Sunday right?" She questioned and I nodded.

"It's my daughter's birthday of course you will be seeing me." I smiled.

"You remembered?" Leigh-Anne asked in shock and my eyes narrowed.

"Of course I did. It's my daughter's birthday." I repeated sternly.

"At least that's one thing you didn't forget." She glanced at me before walking inside leaving me staring after her.  Paola looked between the two of us again before her eyes landed on me once again.

"What did you do?" She asked crossing her arms giving me a pointed look.

I raised my hand up in defence "I didn't do nothing!"

"I want a couple more grand kids Oscar. Don't piss her off!"