20

I turned my face around looking at the bruise on my neck

I turned my face around looking at the bruise on my neck. It was red and the more I stared at it the more it annoyed me. How I got it? Don't even ask.

"You've got a hickey?" I froze in place,my face losing its colour. I slowly turned around and my jaw dropped open whilst the person standing there in my doorway, in my house had a smirk on his face.

"Jam Jam." I squealed running over and jumping on him. I let out a laugh as we both fell to the floor his lanky body unable to hold my weight.

"God sake woman. What are you? a freaking whale you're too heavy for that shit Leigh-Anne." He scolded but I didn't care.

He was here. One of my favourite person in the entire world was here.

"Oh shut up. You can't just handle this thickness." I got off of him getting on my feet.

"What thickness? You mean the thickness you've gained from carrying Casper the Ghost." I stared at him in a deadpan but still amused.

Casper was Alaïa only because Oscar was Spooky. That was how he chose to joke about this whole situation.

"Oh shut it you. How was your little trip around the states?" That's what they did as soon as they graduated. Who's bright idea was it? I don't know but they saved up and they went.

"Good. Monse and Cesar was at each other's throat..again." I rolled my eyes at that.

"I think they should just break up. They're both too toxic for each other." I said seriously. I loved Cesar but him and Monse together as a couple was not a good thing but them two as friends was how it's suppose to be. They fought then and they still fight now. Why they're still together? god knows.

"That's what me and Rubs said..speaking of Ruby. Come on." He held out his hand and I happily took it. I expected him to lead me to Ruben and I wasn't disappointed when I saw all of them in my living room.

"Leigh." Ruby walked over to me pulling me into a hug. Even at this age he was still short and I honestly believed there isn't any more growing from him. He was meant to be this cute height.

"Ruby." I kissed his head and he looked up at me with a smirk wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'm still up for being a step father Chica. Call me Papi Rubs." I shook my head at his jokes and I turned to Cesar who was standing nearby.

"My favourite sister in-law." He smiled and I returned the smile.
"Stop it. You have Camilla now. I'm your friend." I let him pull me into a hug and I felt him chuckle.

"Don't even get me started about her. I'm so thankful I left." I was about to ask more but chose not to because it wasn't my business.

"Monse."I hugged the Finnie girl who happily returned my hug. She was still annoying,bitchy and she always wore this scowl on her face but she went from being irrelevant in my books to being relevant. A major upgrade. Meaning I would shed a couple of tears if something happened to her.

"So where is she?" Jamal questioned with his arms crossed.

"Who?" I acted oblivious to what they were implying.

"Girl you seriously think we came here for you? Now where is my niece?" Jamal gave me the stank face and I rolled my eyes at his attitude.

Here I was feeling special that they came to visit me but no, they were here for my daughter.

"She's at school. Which is where a kid her age should be. I'm sorry to disappoint you but you're stuck with me." I smirked and Jamal was the one to groan very loudly.

"Get the fuck out of my house then." I punched him in the stomach and he doubled over groaning for another reason now.

"Nah, I'm staying." Cesar shrugged dumping himself on my couch and Monse followed after.

"I'm always going to be here for mi epousa." Ruby smirked and sat on the couch as well.

I was thankful that they were here which meant my day was going to go a lot better than I planned it to be. I actually had company.

"You. Come on." I took Jamal's hand dragging him to the kitchen.

"I'm a guest. You're suppose to serve me." He complained and I ignored him. He was no guest he was family.

Once in the kitchen I started setting up some things for us to snack on.

"So..." I glanced at Jamal who wasn't much help but by the look on his face he was about to do anything but mind his own god danm business.

"You and Spooky? Co-parenting...How long did it take for you two to end up in bed together?" I stopped what I was doing to look at him.

"End up in bed together? Meaning had sex? Jamal are you serious? He has a girlfriend."

He smacked his lips still not believing me. "I get it he was Mr Faithful when you two were together but a girlfriend never stopped him from messing around plus this is you two we're talking about.... do you seriously expect me to believe you?." He crosses his arms giving me a sharp look.

And I rolled mine "there's really nothing to say. Nothing's going on between the two of us. We're just two adults with a child together." I shrugged. I was telling it how it is. That was the truth.

He let out an exaggerated sigh " With the history you two have. I'll give you 3 weeks top before you are back together again. And when that happens I'll be giving you my 'I told you so' face." He proceeded to demonstrate And I burst out laughing.

"You're so ugly." I doubled over still laughing.

"Ugly? let me tell you I been giving out schlong in 39 states." I cringed now but he had a very proud smirk on his face. But I knew it was all cap. He was somewhat still hang up on that Kendra girl.

"Where's my god daughter? Tell her Aunty Jas is here with the goodies. And I ain't talking about my titties."

I smiled at the voice.
Somehow I felt content I was happy to be alive in this exact moment.

When Jamal left me by myself in the kitchen I was joined by another human and this time it was Cesar. He didn't have the same expression on his face like he did earlier. He looked serious

"Everything okay?" I questioned looking at the younger Diaz.

He sucked in a breath.
"Spooky's back." It wasn't a question but rather a statement.

"Yeah... He's been thinking about it. That I know of." I frowned unsure what to say.

"Nah, Leigh...I mean Spooky is back. He's the gang leader now and rumour has it he's been ordering hits around Freeridge."

I frowned harder. It was only less than one week since he's had the conversation and made the decision. How was he moving so far this quickly?

"Oh." That's all I could say. I couldn't help but feel a little bit worried

"Leigh, I love you, both you and mi sobrina . Be careful."