53. ✭ hurt

Warning(s): brief mentions of suicide, drug abuse, and death

She'd never met anybody with such a hubristic nature before she crossed paths with Nikki. His pretense was unmatched.

Heather wouldn't have gone so far as to say that he possessed a God complex, but he certainly retained attributes that would've led the average person to believe he was on the path to obtaining one.

Haught seeped through his veins, like an intravenous drug, coalescing with his beloved downer and sickly-sweet upper to counteract the inevitable upshot of what heroin had the potential to do his already incapacitated frame. But he wouldn't have had it any other way.

She hated him. A lot. And she did try to get along with Sixx for the sake of Tommy and Christine, but it was nearly impossible. He was outrageous, ill-mannered, disrespectful, and he talked to her like she was a piece of shit.

Heather was well aware that she wasn't the easiest person to get along with--Sharise wasn't too keen on the blonde--but she racked her brains for hours trying to figure out why Nikki spoke to her, when they first met, in such a derogatory manner. She just put it down to catching him on an off day, but those off days started to turn into months, and then years, of contumelious comments where he purposely went out of his way to antagonize her.

But she wasn't troubled easily, and his drunken slurs hardly cut her the way that he intended.

He'd have to try harder than that to hurt Heather.

"It's two o'clock, Tommy, he hasn't even woken up yet."

"Yeah? What's the problem with that, babe--"

"The problem is that you guys have a meeting with Doc at four, we have dinner with your stupid record execs at five, and he's still gonna be shitfaced when he has to meet with everyone. It is not ideal, and I don't wanna see him like that again. Neither does Sharise--it's humiliating."

"Well, go wake him up then," Tommy stated as if it was the most obvious thing to do--and it was.

But Nikki didn't like Heather at the best of times, and he would've raised hell if she walked into his bedroom while he was sleeping. Plus, she didn't need to have potentially been confronted with a naked woman where her best friend should've been laying.

"Why don't you care?"

"Baby, we've been over this once. I do care, but Sixx is set in his ways. You know that nobody is gonna get him to change, so the fact you're even trying right now is beyond me."

"And the fact that you don't give a shit about him is beyond me!" She raised her voice a little while still maintaining a respectable volume--really not wanting to rouse Nikki from his heroin-induced slumber that way.