22. ✭ changes

"Any luck on the work front yet?" I shook my head, flicking through the NME magazine in my hands

"Any luck on the work front yet?" I shook my head, flicking through the NME magazine in my hands. "Are you even looking, Christine?" Beth raised a brow but I just rolled my eyes in response, turning to face her.

"No, I'm not."

"Why?"

"Because, Beth" I put the magazine down, stretched my arms out in front of me, and stood up pointing to Nikki, "he doesn't think I should."

"I didn't say that you shouldn't get a job, babe. I just said I didn't wanna see you on a fuckin' stage, getting your tits out for all of those sleazy douchebags to gawk at--"

"--you are those sleazy douchebags!" I gestured to him and Vince, but Beth put a finger to her lips in anger trying to calm me down because the baby had just fallen asleep in her arms, and if she woke up then it'd be like World War fucking three. "I wasn't gonna become a stripper, Nikki. I just want a job."

"Yeah, she can literally do anything" Beth spoke in my defense as she smiled "she's a smartass and she's a hard worker--she'll find something."

Nikki nodded, apologetically smiling at me "I know she is. I just don't think you wanna rush into something that you're gonna hate, Chris."

"I'm not going to babe, I promise" I let out a deep sigh, grabbing a can of Coke from the refrigerator "I don't even know what I wanna do. When Liane called, she entertained the thought of me going back to college."

"What? That's amazing!" I turned to face Beth, not knowing if she was being sarcastic or not "you were so good, so happy before you dropped out. I think that'd be so good for you."

Nikki smiled a bit when I sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around me "that's great, Chris" he kissed the side of my head, my cheeks heating up because I had everyone's eyes on me.

"I don't know...it's a lot of work, and I won't be earning anything. I really would rather a job."

"You know that you don't need to worry about money, Chris" Nikki cut in, squeezing my thigh, "as long as you have me, I've got it covered."

Beth just stared at me while he got up with Vince and headed to the kitchen, and I could already tell that she was thinking exactly the same thing as me.

She leaned in a bit, lowering her voice "I know that you want a job, but he's right. If you go to college, then you'll get your degree so you can get that job you've always wanted, and you won't have to worry about the money because Sixx is loaded--plus, he's your husband. What's his is yours, or whatever it is."

"I'm just worried that it'll drive a wedge between us, Beth" I let out a sigh, leaning backwards and eyeing Nikki with a smile slapped on his face, for the first time in a while.

She raised her brows as she rocked the baby in her arms, "how?"

"We've been at one another's throats a lot, I don't know" I shrugged "ever since I told him that I didn't want kids, he's been a little different with me. And the whole fucking tour, all we did was screw and shoot up. We hardly talked, and I don't even think that he told me he loved me."