16. ✭ love bites

Warning: violence, mentions of drug abuse

Nikki and Vince sat either side of me on the couch, rolling their eyes when Doc decided to go on a rant during the pointless briefing about the interview he'd set up for the band.

"Do not give me that look, Sixx! I'm telling your four now if you even think about doing some crazy shit at this event, you're gonna be in a fuck ton of trouble!" He yelled when they all gave him the same look, though Tommy was just trying not to laugh.

I was just in a world of my own when I began to tune him out, toying with the rings on my fingers before Nikki nudged me and nodded his head towards Doc--who was less than impressed.

"What?"

"You know what. You're too much of a distraction for these four--especially Sixx. You can stay here with Doug's wife--"

I just shut my eyes when I felt Nikki's hand on my leg, and he began to tense up. "No, she's coming with us." Doc went to cut him off before he started laughing and shook his head. "Nope. Chris is like my good luck charm, she's been at every show we've played, every event--I need her there. Plus, she wants to come. She's coming."

"Fine!" He pointed at me. "But if you do anything to distract them, I swear to god Christine--"

"--Dude!" Tommy exclaimed, taking us all by surprise. "She hasn't even fucking said anything today, just leave her alone. She isn't a distraction, she's our friend and Nikki's girl. We all love having her around."

The look of defeat on Doc's face was enough to show that he'd just given in, and he was physically unable to argue with them because he knew that he wouldn't win.

I didn't do anything for Doc to hate me the way that he did, besides fuck Nikki when he should've been at a briefing, and he made it his absolute mission to make my time on that tour a living hell. And of course that caused issues with Nikki, but that was mainly just down to the fact he didn't like Doc all too much after he started to dictate things--you know, like what a manager should.

But none of the guys wanted to lose McGhee because of everything that he did for them, and Nikki was outnumbered, so everyone just had to grin and bear it.

Before the guys were set to go out to their interview, Nikki dragged me and Tommy to another dressing room when Vince was bitching about Beth and Mick was trying his damnedest to keep awake, and laid out line after line for me.

I was so out of it that I didn't even notice the both of them shooting 10cc of heroin each, and Tommy instantly threw up because he wasn't used to it like what Nikki was.