2. Indifference.

Warning: mentions of drug abuse

Though one of the conditions of her living at that wretched hell hole was that she'd have to share with Nikki, when Beth and Vince were away, Christine got her very own room.

Truthfully, she wasn't certain how she felt about sleeping on the same mattress as what Vince had been, but it was a bed and it didn't have a strung-out bassist clinging to the side of it.

A win-win, in her book.

However, she hadn't taken into consideration that Vince's bedroom was right next to Tommy's, and he had...A new friend.

Chris cringed in disgust--feeling her body recoil--as she overheard the most obnoxious moaning and whining of Tommy's brand new plaything.

Honey had the propensity to be a darling, really. But she was painfully obnoxious, she was overzealous, and Chris was sure that the woman was a kleptomaniac.

But having a problem with who and what the band did at their apartment would've been really pathetic of her, but she couldn't lie and say hearing them screw a new chick into their mattress every night was a nice sound.

It was sick. It was horrible to listen to, and she didn't particularly want to hear that every damn night. And, it was hard to study for her finals when she'd been awake all damn night.

2:35 pm

The tension was fraught, completely thorny as Chris, Tommy, and Nikki sat in different corners of the room, avoiding any conversation.

She tapped her highlighter pen against the table anxiously, watching Nikki take deep, deep breaths from the other side of the room. He was trying to refrain from snapping at Tommy as he tapped his fingertips against his knees.

It was completely harmless. It was absolutely not irritating in the slightest, but given Nikki's temper and incessant need to shut everyone up, it mightn't have faired well for the drummer.

"Tommy, come here, would you?" She hummed, beckoning him toward her with her pointer.

Christine flicked her eyes upward at the sound of Nikki's little snort, raising her brows. She mouthed fuck you, before turning her attention to her best drummer friend.

"You need some help?" Tommy pulled out a seat beside her, bashfully smiling.

She couldn't not grimace, knowing that he wouldn't have been any use to her as she strived to deduce the answers to her calculus problems.