26. ✭ aftermath

I'm so sorry that this took 2 weeks to upload! I had a whole chapter written out but decided, last minute, that I hated everything I'd written

I'm so sorry that this took 2 weeks to upload! I had a whole chapter written out but decided, last minute, that I hated everything I'd written. I'm still not fully satisfied with this, but it's probably as good as it's gonna get. Thanks for 9k views too!

Warning(s): mentions of death, drug abuse.

"Chris." Tommy put a hand on my arm and started to shake me when I didn't respond. "Christine."

A whimper fell from between my lips as mascara stained tears started to drip down my cheeks, before a sharp intake of breath caused my throat to hitch and I wasn't able to control the display of emotion that was about to follow suit.

He pulled me into him a little bit rougher than what he probably intended to, and laced his fingers through my, slightly, tangled strands, soothing the back of my neck as I rested my head against the vodka drenched shirt he was wearing.

"Where's Nikki?" I mumbled into his chest, feeling it constrict, as if his heart was actually sinking.

"He's uh--he's with McGhee."

"And Mick?"

"With Beth and Doug" he nodded and sent me a weak smile when my eyes met his, tearing up that bit more after seeing the pain wash over his face. "Doc is trying to sober Nikki up before we meet with our lawyer. He got fucked up when you and Beth fell asleep down here last night."

I just shut my eyes and buried my head back into the soaked fabric, letting a sob reverberate through Tommy's chest.

After the accident, nobody wanted to be alone--especially Beth.

Tommy, Beth, Nikki and I were in the living room all night just waiting for Doc and Mick to get back from the station. We sent Mick because he was the most sober one of the lot, and Nikki was much too pissed to even want to see Vince after he found out.

I felt god awful about what had happened, and wanted to stay by Beth's side all night. And that included falling asleep with her head on my shoulder, ignoring Nikki offering me some blow because I knew that if I had accepted it, I wouldn't have tried as hard to console my "sister."

"Don't say a fucking thing" Doc exasperated through gritted teeth and before I could even entertain asking why, Nikki stormed in through the living room door and his finger was waving in Beth's face.

He sucked in a deep breath before he started to shake, anger almost boiling out of him. "Fuck you and your fucking cunt husband!"

"Nikki!" I yelled at him but Tommy just ran a hand over my back. "Don't talk to her like that, she hasn't done anything wrong!"

"I don't care, Christine" he growled at me and widened his eyes, turning his attention back to Beth, who was shaking and crying. "Vince has just cost me and this band our entire fucking career, Hanoi Rocks' entire career, Razzle's fucking life. I'm done with him."