17. ✭ runnin' with the devil

Warning: light smut, mentions of abuse

Tommy had his back to me and was still completely flat out, softly snoring, so I took that as my cue to leave the room without having to talk about what happened with Nikki.

I slipped on the dress that was once strewn across the dresser chair, grabbed my earrings and the room key that I'd swiped before leaving last night, and unlocked Tommy's door before he had a chance to come around and ask me what I was doing.

I didn't sleep at all. I spent the entire night tossing and turning, and puking my guts up out of worry, my mind never straying from wondering about Nikki and what had happened.

I could've been the grown-up that I was and stayed to talk to him, and tell him why I reacted the way I did, but I didn't. One of us leaving during an argument or fight had become too easy, and it was the only thing that we knew.

But that wasn't the first fight we'd had, and it definitely wouldn't be the last.

I saw that our door was ajar and heard Nikki's voice coming from Mick's room across the hall, so I quickly headed in to change into my bikini and grab whatever I'd need to spend the afternoon by the pool.

"There she is!" I heard Vince yell when I got halfway down the corridor, and I seriously considered just turning around and ignoring him, until he came out with: "Sixx was just looking for you. Do you want me to tell him where you are--"

"--No!" He raised a brow, folding over his arms, "just leave me alone, I'm going to the pool."

Vince just nodded. "Yeah, I can see. I didn't think you'd be half-naked just to parade around the halls."

I went to say something sarcastic back, but I bit my tongue and smiled up at him. "What're you up to this afternoon?"

"Nothing. Ozzy and the band are here, so we were all just gonna hang out--but if you're going to the pool, then I'll join you."

I wanted to think that he was just being nice and wanted to keep my company, but I knew that the real reason was that he wanted to stare at my ass while I put on lotion, and piss Nikki off when he'd watch me behind his shades.

After he made me go back to his room with him to get changed into his swim trunks, we headed to the pool and the breath almost left my body when Sharon Osbourne was casually perched on a sun lounger, with a bottle of water to her side and a book in hand.

"Oh my god, she's so radiant." I was surprised I wasn't physically salivating at how stunning that woman was, and Vince had to put a hand on my arm to make me snap back to reality.