33. ✭ vanity kills

Warning(s): smut, drug abuse

"Fuck you, Nikki! It's like you don't even care about me and what I want anymore!--"

"--I don't care about what you want?!" he asked, laughing humorlessly. "If anything, you don't give a fuck about what I want! It's always me, me, me with you, Christine!"

"Are you hearing yourself?!" I yelled straight back in his face. "Are you seriously hearing yourself right now, Nikki?"

"I am" he stated smartly.

My eyes rolled because I couldn't believe how snarky he was getting, and I wanted nothing more than to reach up and wrap my hands around his neck.

"Why do you need to be such...such a smartass all the fucking time?"

"You're not calling me a smartass when I'm buying you clothes and drugs and food--when you can be fucking bothered to eat anything--and everything that you need, Christine! Hell, I put a roof over your head, gas in your car, I fund your spending habits, I make sure that you're alright when you're shaking and convulsing on the bathroom fucking floor because you've taken one hit too many! I spend hours talking to you about whatever stupid ideas that you have, usually involving college, and know that you're never gonna press onto them--but I listen anyways. Why? I don't fucking know, because I don't really care most of the time, and I just wanna cut to the chase and either get high or get my dick sucked! But I do it all because you're my wife and, believe it or not, I do love you--no matter how many times you tell our friends that I never say those three fucking words, no matter how many times you tell me it's fine that I don't say it, because you know I love you anyways so why bother. But of fucking course! It's all about what I want! Nikki never does anything for his poor, hard done by, neglected wife who he can't admit to loving unless he's practically being fucking forced to!"

I was stunned. My jaw hung low in disbelief.

"You make this relationship out to be so one sided, Nikki! Yes, you might buy the food and pay for things for me, but when was the last time you actually went grocery shopping? Or the last time you physically paid a bill? When was the last time you even so much as thought about going out and buying the stuff that we needed, that wasn't alcohol or drugs or fucking weapons?! Or the last time you worried about making sure everything was taken care of because you were so smacked out that you forgot to pay the electricity bill, and you were left in the dark for four fucking days while I was with Beth--and you didn't even realize?!! I do just as much as what you do, even though you don't think so. You never ask me to do things because you don't think I'm capable of it because I'm a junkie, but I do them! I do them because I notice that they need doing, and if I don't then who the fuck will?!"

Nikki rolled his eyes at me, my lips pursing at the sight of his snugness.

"You make it sound like you're my hero or something, my savior! I didnt need to be saved by you. If anything, I need to be saved from you!! And, despite what you say, I absolutely do not ask you to do everything for me! I want go to college so I can pursue a career, and I want to get a job, Nikki, you know that I want to get a job!--"