28. ✭ my favorite mistake

Warning(s): drug abuse

I watched on as I zipped up the back of my skirt, frowning to myself because Nikki wasn't awake yet, and I didn't want to leave before saying goodbye to him. His hair was all kinds of matted, strewn across the pillow, and his eyelids were still stained with the remnants of black liner that he didn't take off before we went to bed.

"Nikki..." I ran a hand across his cheek one more time before I left. But nothing.

My lips pulled into another frown but I kissed his head, and grabbed my purse that sat on the vanity. I stuffed everything into the black bag, picked up my sunglasses, trying to make as much noise as I possibly could've in an attempt to wake him up, but he was completely dead to the world.

"One day you'll see the morning, Sixx." I let out softly, laughing to myself a little. He stirred for a few seconds before finally settling and I smiled, just admiring how innocent he looked.

That was definitely a first.

My brows knitted together at the sight of my brothers, sisters, Beth and Tommy in my living room, just acting as if being in somebody's house at the crack of dawn without announcing your presence, is something of the ordinary.

"I knew you guys were coming" I gestured to Beth and Tommy "but it would've been nice of you to let me know that you were here."

He scratched the back of his neck and nodded to the stairs, instantly reminding me that Nikki wasn't to know what was about to happen.

"Oh, yeah..." Anthony sent a tight lipped smile my way, while the girls just looked as though they were on a completely different planet--hungover--and Beth was too busy wiping away her tears because Vince was getting out of rehab, and he didn't want her to be there for him. Also, once he was out, that meant that their divorce would be finalized, and that would be the end of mr and mrs Vince Neil.

Beth's trembling palm met my hand and gave it a light squeeze, smiling weakly in an attempt to show her gratitude towards me.

"Thank you for this, I owe you big time....I just don't know what I'm gonna do when he gets out."

"It'll all be okay, I promise" I moved my hand away to wrap both arms around her, gently soothing her back while Tommy frowned at the way Beth was so upset. "Vince will get out, you guys will work through whatever is going on, the divorce and everything that's gonna follow will run smoothly, and Elle will have two happy parents in two separate households, as opposed to two unhappy parents that can't stand to be in the same room as one another. And most of all, she'll be loved, she'll have everything that she needs, and she'll be the happiest most content little angel because she has you as her mommy, and you're always gonna be there for her and love her, and take care of her. Alright? Everything is going to be perfectly fine. You're strong as hell, and you'll be fine. I promise you."