24. ✭ sister morphine

Warning(s): mentions of drug abuse and violence

"Nikki--"

My hands started to fist his jacket when he wouldn't look at me, tears streaming down my freshly blushed cheeks at the sight of blood on every inch of my husband's crisp white shirt.

Doc couldn't help but cringe when I smacked Nikki's chest repeatedly because he hadn't given me an answer, but proceeded to wrap his arms around my weak body and pull me into him, soothing my back when I started to choke on my own breath.

"I'm fine" he said softly, one arm around both of my shoulders and one hand softly rubbing my back. "We're both fine. Everything is fine."

I yanked my body away from him, smacking at his hands whenever he tried to grab me, shaking my head and pointing a finger in his face. "What the fuck did you do!?"

Doc nodded his head toward the door and I physically growled when I saw Vince, Michael and Tommy gawking at us in the doorway, just as clueless as what I was. "Go home. All of you. I'll call you later."

Given the state that Nikki and Robbin were both in, and the way that Doc couldn't seem to control his audible rage, I just assumed the absolute worst. My heart was hammering in my chest when none of them even tried to provide a sufficient explanation, or even justification as to what had happened--not that the act of violence to such a degree could ever be justified.

But it's safe to say, after that day, my father never, ever bothered me or my sisters again...

"Doc" I looked at him as I sat down with Robbin on the couch, and he stood by the fireplace, watching Nikki pace around the room as if he was just trying to figure out how to sugarcoat what had happened. "Please..."

He nodded before clenching his jaw, deciding whether to just unload it all onto me, or ease it into the conversation.

"By the look on your face when you saw that bat, I'm assuming you know that this whole ordeal involves your father" despite already knowing, I still let out a bit of a gasp.

Nikki was still pacing around the living room with a lit cigarette in his hand, refusing to make eye contact with me. Whenever he'd walk past the window, and the sunlight reflected off his cheek, I felt a shiver dart down my spine at the sight of a bruise forming under his left eye.

"Before you say anything" I choked out, Doc nodding at me trying to keep calm "just--just tell me he's okay."

"He's...he's okay" Robbin rubbed my shoulder when I let out a sigh of relief "Nikki got off worse."

"No I fucking didn't!" He snapped and I noticed the three of them all staring at one another.

"What's going on?" I turned to Nikki when he just stopped in the middle of the living room, rubbing his forehead before throwing his cigarette in the ashtray. "Something is obviously going on, so why isn't anybody telling me what the fuck happened!?"