1. Moonlight Mile.

The colossal yawn I let out at the beginning of that god-forsaken ceremony, must've made me look like the most unmannerly person on the planet

I sat in the crowd beside one of the groom's outrageous associates--with my little leopard-print dress barely covering my thighs--watching on as my best friend made the worst decision of her life.

My conservative father's angst was palpable, too.

I could almost feel those piercing hazel hues glued on me, seeing his least-favorite daughter flaunting the shortest dress imaginable, sitting shoulder to shoulder with a man that seemed as though he'd crawled out of a sewer mere moments before the bride walked the aisle.

And, really, I couldn't dream of chastising Beth for making such dubious decisions--though, marrying a man like Vince was certainly one of the worst--but I was certainly going to let her know that it wasn't the wisest thing she could have done.

I did that a lot, I think.

Because Beth and I had known one another since we were kids. We grew up together, went to school together, and spent the best part of ten fucking years side by side. And it was wonderful, truly. To have a friend that was like a sister--a better sister than my actual flesh and blood--made the hardest lights that little bit more barable.

But then she met Vince, and it all changed.

He liked sex, drugs, and anything with an alcohol count--and Beth just wanted to feel desired. So she went with it.

That wasn't really what she wanted. And it wasn't for me, either.

My life didn't revolve around the substances and intoxicants that Beth, her husband, and his band were into--but I made an active attempt at getting on with things to see her satisfied.

She had money, and power, and connections, and her relationship with Vince was just weird. I had no idea what she saw in him and how the way he lived appealed to her so much.

I hated everything about their lifestyle, and I tried so fucking hard to stray away from it. I hated the clothes, the drugs, the atmosphere, the people, the ragers.

But worst of all, I fucking loathed him.

I can't believe Beth slept with him.

Noticing Vince's wayward friends and Beth's very well-to-do family all mingling with one another in the same room, was a cataclysmic and frankly uncomfortable series of events.