10. Kiss Me Deadly.

Warning: smut, drug abuse

Mick whistled in my direction, sliding a glass of whiskey across the bar, and motioned for me to chug it. With a groan and a smile, I shot back the chaser and winced when the Jack left a fiery trail down the back of my throat.

"What's the matter, kid?" He questioned, lighting up a cigarette and averting his gaze to the table where Beth, Vince, Tommy, Tommy's girlfriend, Nikki, and some random brunette were sat.

"Nothing," I pursed my lips. "It's just a little awkward--" I caught myself before I said anything about my feelings on Nikki, and Mick picked up on that because before I knew it, he was resting his head on his hand as he leaned against the bar. "You know, I haven't spoken to Beth in a hot minute, and even when we have said two words, it's either been 'fuck off' or 'fuck you.'"

"You two just need some one-on-one time, hash it out."

I raised a brow, about to say something but he put his hand up before he continued.

"You've been friends for, what? Ten years? You can't let whatever this is get in the way of that. If it weren't for Beth, you wouldn't be standing here right now."

"I know, I don't give her enough credit. It's just hard to talk to her when he," I motioned to Vince, "is clinging to her 24/7. And when he's not, he's got his dick in some whore that Beth ends up finding out about and then picks a fight with him over. I just keep my distance, because she's like a ticking time bomb."

"But what you're doing is futile Chris-- with Beth and Nikki," he smirked, shooting me a knowing look, "you need to make up with Beth, and you need to tell Nikki that seeing him with other women makes you mad. You've caught feelings for him and don't know how to act on them, because you're not used to having to wear your heart on your sleeve...and you're scared that if you finally admit to him and yourself that you're falling hard and fast, he'll leave you like everyone else has. But, correct me if I'm wrong."

"Firstly, nobody has left me," I replied smartly. "My parents just emotionally abused me, so it's different."

"Okay," he smirked when I choked out a laugh, "but how about, the rest of it? Did I hit the nail on the head?"

We locked eyes for a few moments before I could feel myself starting to blush. I nodded slowly, puffing out my cheeks with a sigh.

"Yes. But if you tell him before I do, you're dead meat Mars." I glared at him. "I mean it."

"I'm not saying anything," his hands shot up in defense, "I'm just here to watch when this whole thing goes to shit."