27. ✭ bittersweet symphony

Warning(s): mentions of death, drug abuse, smut

"He doesn't know" I shook my head and Tommy let out a deep, relieved breath. "If he knew, he'd have made more of a scene."

"She's right. If Sixx knew that you boned his wife, you'd probably be dead right now" Beth added and he widened his eyes, but he knew that she was telling the truth.

I gave up even trying to feel sorry for myself because what I said to Nikki was out of pocket, but it was completely beyond my understanding why he'd even want to ride his motorcycle as fucked up as what he was.

"How long do you think he'll keep this up for?" Tommy asked when he sat at the edge of my bed, watching Beth and I pack a few bags.

"I don't know. Probably a day or two, or at least until he's horny and realizes that I'm the only one who can get him off" I shrugged.

"I'm willing to bet $50 that he'll get back here later, see that you actually left, get shitfaced, feel sorry for himself, jerk off and probably cry. And then he'll call me to ask if I know where you are."

Beth was definitely onto something.

We left my house and headed straight to Beth's, Tommy leaving about an hour after we'd gotten there because he wanted to make sure that I was okay--I just think he was hoping I'd change my mind about staying with her, and that I'd want to go with him.

She was right about Nikki calling when he was horny and missing me, but she was wrong about how long it'd take him.

Very wrong.

Gust after gust of wind continued to rattle against the glass doors, causing an uncomfortable breeze in the bedroom. Beth perched herself on one of the chairs on the balcony with a cigarette in hand, and her free arm wrapped around her knees while she held them close to her chest.

She let out a cough and turned to me as I laid on my stomach, a magazine in between my fingers. "Chris" I hummed in response. "How long did it take you to realize that you were in love with Nikki?"

"What do you mean?" I folded the paper down and put it next to me, resting my head in my hands. "Like, how long after we met, or how long after we actually started dating?"

"How long after you started dating did it take you to realize that you loved him?"

My brows furrowed and I looked at her, noticing how she had a slight twinkle in her eyes under the moonlight, almost as if she was about to start crying.

"Now you're asking" I let out in a laugh and paced towards the balcony, wrapping the pink silky robe around my body that little bit tighter as a chill shot down my spine.

Beth handed me the cigarette and I set myself down next to her, crossing my legs over before taking a puff and handing it back to her. My lips curled into a little smile just at the thought of when Nikki and I first met, and how much we hated one another--how far we'd ended up coming past that point.