63. Love Buzz.

Warning(s): smut

Warning(s): smut

The gnawing ache revolving around her skull was what initially caused Christine to rouse at six thirty-five this morning, but the realization of who she did last night was what actually woke her the fuck up.

Nikki had failed to draw the curtains, too, so the sunlight was blitzing her eyes as she lifted her head--slowly--from the silken pillowcase.

It felt as though she was about to burst into a ball of flames.

She kicked at his shin that was closest to her, feeling him shift underneath the comforter but he didn't respond verbally. He didn't even flick his eyes open.

Her head was pounding. Chris wasn't entirely sure how much wine she drank last night, but she knew that they'd managed a bottle in between rounds back at the cabin--and she was definitely paying for that today.

She kicked him again, a little harder this time.

"What do you want?" He mumbled, almost completely incoherently.

"For you to close those damn curtains."

Nikki groaned, turning over. "Do it yourself."

"If I get up, right now, I'm going to puke." Her knee collided with his ass, nudging him toward the edge of the mattress. "Nikki--"

"--You are so fucking annoying."

Irked that his somewhat peaceful slumber had been disrupted by the hungover woman to his right who had forced him awake at the crack of dawn, he tore the satin comforter away from his bare bones and stamped toward the window.

He made a dramatic show of pulling both the blinds and those damn curtains shut, turning to face her with the most angered expression she'd ever seen from him.

But it was hard to take him seriously with his tousled bed-head, and the fact he was stark-naked in front of her very eyes.

She bunched the satin between crimson nails, smiling innocently at him. "Thank you."

"Whatever. Move over." His response was freezing fucking cold, though she pinned that down to the fact he was definitely a little bit hungover. And hadn't been for a while.

He wasn't even supposed to be drinking.

"Are you kidding me?" Nikki growled when she veered her weight and bumped against his side. Though, it wasn't entirely accidental.

"No." She moved against him, urging him to wrap an arm around her frame as she nestled comfortably. "I am so hungover, I'm not in the mood to fight with you right now. Just hug me."

Nikki refused to touch her.

"You're really begrudging me a fucking hug?"

"Yeah?"