Chapter 41

At 4.12 am, Roman is resting in bed, glancing between the television and the sight playing out in the bed next to him. He gets sick of Dolph's ramblings at night while his heart crying for his baby brother. How could his friend dream of Nikki without caring about the situation a bit?

He growls and closes his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. There is no way he is sleeping, not when everything from earlier keeps replaying in his mind. Sighing, he lays back in bed while his mind drifts to how the entire nightmare has begun.

Many have happened in a short amount of time, but he doesn't get the root of it. He's sure of something behind Seth's identity, but his parents don't willing to reveal it. If they don't help into this, he may lose him as that old lady has told.

He gets irritated by the time Dolph moaning in his dream and describing how beautiful Nikki is. He shakes his head and gets up from the bed, walking over to the bathroom. Usually, he has a habit to take a shower to bring sleep to his system.

The shower is nice even though the water won't get warm enough to be comfortable, which is why he cuts it really short and changes into a pair of thin pajama buttons and a light gray tank top, crawling under the covers to get some well-deserved sleep.

He's lying in bed for maybe five minutes, probably even less, when he hears it. Someone is walking down the hall with heavy, faltering steps, coming to a halt in front of his door. He sits up and watches with a bit horrified at how the handle gets pushed down, and the door opens.

Before he can react like jump out of bed to hide underneath it or grab the lamp to use it as a weapon, the lights turn back on and someone with bright blue eyes blinks confused, a scowl settling on his face at the sight that greets him.

"You jerk! You almost scared the shit out of me." He yells at Dean, trying to calm his nerves. He doesn't understand why Dean gets into his room at this time. Is anything serious?

He wants to talk to him, but with Dolph, he doesn't feel safe. He grabs Dean's hand and takes him out of the room, going to the balcony. He looks around and makes sure that no one is watching them before hearing the reason for Dean's appearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After disposing of Alexa, Nikki gets out of her house and looks up at the sky, figuring out the right time when she needs Seth for her purpose. Time gets nearer, so she should do something to take Paige out of his body before his birthday. It's a very important birthday to her whether or not it's important to him. If she misses the great day, everything will spoil that she works hard for.

As she's about to turn, her eyes catch Dean with his friend Roman on the balcony. So it means Paige is alone in her room. It's a great opportunity for her to get Paige out of Seth's body.

She uses her magic power and arrives in Dean's room quickly, getting Paige all alone in the comfy bed. She closes her eyes and raises her hands in the air, spelling something that makes Seth's body turn into a rock slowly.

When Paige feels something wrong happening to her, she wakes and rolls out of the bed, trying to prevent her body from getting a rock. She looks around and realizes that Dean's not here with her. Where did he go?

Her thoughts pause in her mind when the witch grabs her at the back of her neck and painfully yanks her out of and away from Seth. She won't allow this to happen because she has given everything else up for this. If his body didn't help her, she would burn him down already for holding her love in his arms.

She holds her hand out in the air and pulls the baseball bat from the table at her grip. "You gonna pay for this." She snarls and elbows Nikki in the stomach, throwing her in the air. She catches her in an instant, between the bed and the wall, slamming her body against the wall and holding the bat across her chest.

Paige's body is firm against Nikki because she is an aggressive soul. She kept calming, only to live with Dean. If anyone tries to get her new life away from her, she will definitely kill them terribly with her bare hands.

Nikki swirls her finger in the air as she makes eye contact with Paige. The lamp from the bedside table flies and hits Paige in the head, distracting her a little. While she's about to get up, Paige hooks the bat around the back of Nikki's neck and tugs her forward, manhandling her over to the bed.

Both of them are so focused on each other that they don't hear the door open and fall shut. Everything in the world stops at the moment when their eyes land on a shocking Dean who is standing in front of them.

Paige drops the bat down and looks at him shocked, not knowing what to do. She's not getting fear of being caught by him. She can't give two shits at this time because she's never been more unprepared for this. She's about to open her mouth, but her words stop in her throat when he mentions that name.

"Paige!" He says but not in her direction. His eyes are going glassy, and he can feel his mind pulling away from the situation, settling into some other mode of operation where his line of sight cut down and his thought process getting slow.

Paige turns her head to the right and notices that Nikki is standing in the room with her identity. Why did she change into Paige's identity? Is there any reason behind this?