Chapter 9

After what Dean saw in the bathroom, he couldn't process what is happening to Seth. When they return to the table, their friends ask questions about what happened and why Seth looks feared?

Dean creates some convincing stories and tries not to make any conversation in front of others. They know he is telling lies to them, but they don't ask any questions to him. The rest of the meal goes smoothly.

They reach their house at midnight. Before Dean's friends ask any questions to him, he lets Seth goes to their room and says to his friends that he will tell them tomorrow.

Dean makes his way to his bedroom before Seth feels uncomfortable because he knows Seth needs him. And he wants to show him how much he cares about him, how devotes he is to help him. Seth need not stress himself for anything when Dean is with him.

Dean doesn't tell what he saw in the restaurant's bathroom was fake and it's all because of Seth's stress. He knows something is wrong because Seth didn't act like this before. He wants to ask him what is happening, but he decides not now.

Dean takes a deep breath, pushing his thoughts aside and steps inside the room. When he looks at Seth, Seth is sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down. He sighs as he makes his way to him slowly and places his hand on Seth's shoulder.

Dean looks at the clock and finds that it is after twelve. "It's late already. Just try to sleep, princess." He says, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

Even though Dean wants to talk to Seth, he knows that Seth is tired because of a lack of sleep from the last night. He knows that Seth's body is protesting every movement and Seth isn't ready to give in yet because of the fear.

Dean is quiet. He knows the signs that Seth is exhausted so he isn't about to let him continue on. "Don't fight with me," He breathes as he crosses his arms over his chest and smiles at him. "Come on princess, I know you're tired."

Seth smiles and pulls the sheets back. He crawls between them and leans back against the headboard and pillows. "Sit next to me and I want to talk to you for a bit," He says, patting the empty spot next to him on the king-sized bed for Dean. "I took the sleeping pills, so I just gotta wait for them to kick in."

Dean feels guilty slammed into him. He walks to the other side of the bed and sits down over the sheets. He slides in so he can sit closer to Seth and holds him.

Seth moves a little closer and rests his head on Dean's shoulder. "I feel I'm not safe," He starts, closing his eyes as he is listening to the other man's breathing.

"Why?" Dean asks as he removes the hair from Seth's face. "If you fear staying here with me, then stay with your parents." He murmurs. He doesn't want to stay away from Seth, but if Seth is okay to stay with his parents, he won't force him to stay there.

"I didn't mean that." Seth pulls away from Dean and places his hand on Dean's cheek, "I feel like someone is watching me around. Early morning also, I saw someone with a frightened face appeared from the floor and walked towards me. But when you came there, it suddenly disappeared. In the restaurant-"

Dean cuts Seth off by kissing his lips when he sees Seth is tensed and the sudden fear appears in his face. When he pulls away, Seth speaks again, but he stops him by kissing him again.

Seth pulls away from Dean and sees the love in his eyes for him. He wants to talk to him, but Dean doesn't let him talk. He tries to talk and stops when Dean places his hand on his mouth before kissing him again.

"Dean... I feel like I'm getting mad or I'll die soon." When those words come out of Seth's mouth, it shocks Dean. He pulls Seth and holds him tightly against his chest.

"You don't talk like this anymore. I won't let anything happen to you." Dean tries to comfort him as he strokes Seth's hair. He feels Seth's grip loosens around him and he knows the medicine that Seth took starts to kick in.

Dean pulls away from Seth and makes him lay down on the bed. He follows him as he climbs back under the sheets. He can't close his eyes to sleep after what he heard from Seth, so he tucks his hands behind his head.

Seth moves closer, his hand sliding over Dean's chest. He waits until Dean nods before he moves so his entire front is pressed against Dean's side. His head rests comfortably on Dean's chest, one leg wrapping over Dean's closest one.

Seth smiles, sighing in a burst of happiness once Dean's arm wraps around his shoulders and holds him close. His pills are taking effect, leaving him to feel light, fuzzy and very drowsy.

"Hey Dean," Seth breathes, his entire body starting to relax and feels warm and heavy. "I love you." It is the last thing he can say before the relentless, drug-induced sleep claims him.

Dean lays there, worry coursing through his veins, making him feels cold. His own eyes are heavy and growing hard to hold open. He knows he needs to let Seth and makes his way to the couch, but it is hard to get his body to move. He is physically and emotionally exhausted. His mind focuses on everything that Seth said earlier, and he realizes he needs help before taking any action.

Dean feels Seth stir just slightly against him a few moments later. He lets his gaze slowly slide over the sweet face. He has to protect him. He loves him so much and he won't let anything else happen to him. He holds him tightly as he closes his eyes and drifts into sleep.