Chapter 18

Seth looks around as he pants heavily and looks at Dean and his friends who are grabbing the dog and beats the shit out of it. When he tries to stand up, he can't because of the pain.

"You're gonna be dead," says a voice in a thick accent that Seth can't process. He whips his head up to the right to find an old woman walking towards him.

Seth tries to move but the old woman grabs his hand and says, "You're gonna be dead!" He looks at her confused and tries to pull his hand away from her but she doesn't let him and continues saying, "You try to find your identity before she gets you!"

Seth feels his body is numb and his clothes are ripped from the attack, he holds his other hand out and calls Dean. When Dean turns around, he notices an old woman grabbing his princess's hand.

Dean goes towards Seth and breaks them apart before pulling him against his chest, hands pulling at the younger man's clothes and moving carefully over his wounds. Seth doesn't feel much of anything except the sensation of being touched.

Dean cups Seth's face with his hands and pulls him into his lap, "Princess! Princess! Fuck, say something!" Seth blinks a few times and tries to bring his brain back up to speed. "Dean.."

Though Dean's expression remains anguished, his voice softens with relief, "Thank God." The hands are traveling over Seth again, prodding his ribs with more scrutiny.

Dean looks up when the old woman raises her voice again, "He is gonna be dead, so soon find his identity!" He looks at her confused and wraps his arms around him when Seth nuzzles into his neck.

"He is gonna be dead!" When the old woman continues to say that his princess will die, it makes Dean angry. Before the woman further says, he glares at her, "Enough!" He yells and lifts the passed out Seth in a bridal style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor puts an injection to Seth for not getting any infection, so he is in a peaceful sleep after he comes home. Dean and Roman are with him, standing a bit away from him so they can argue about the incident.

Dean tells everything to Roman, including what that old woman said, but Roman can't believe what he hears. When Dean hears a groaning sound from Seth, he moves towards him and sits beside him before moving his hands over him.

Seth opens his eyes slowly when his body aches a bit with the added pressure, but the previous throbbing torment has left him. Then slowly, methodically, the man above him touches the wounds of his shoulder, feeling the muscle and bone.

"Does it hurt?" Dean asks nearly in a whisper. Pinching his brows together, Seth concentrates on Dean's probing fingers. In the end, Seth shakes his head inwardly, surprised considering his ribs and shoulder. "J-Just aches."

Once again Dean's hands retrace their path on Seth's battered body. Seth wants to say that having Dean's hands on him is a nice distraction, but considering the situation, he decides against it.

Dean looks to the side and releases a shaky breath. He pulls his hands back, his lower lip trembles and his eyes turn misty when he sees his princess in this situation.

"I-I thought you... I would lose you," Seth hears the sniffle in the other's voice. Dean wipes his nose with the back of his hand, then takes Seth's hand in his.

"I-I'm fine," Seth whispers, rubbing the back of Dean's hand and gives a soft smile to him. He looks up when Roman interrupts, "Seth, where that dog came from? How it got you?"

"When I-I chased the puppy to the alley, it suddenly.. turned into an oversized dog and attacked me.." Seth starts to shiver and holds Dean's hand tightly.

When Dean feels the smaller body shivers with a heavy sob, he kisses Seth's forehead and tries to comfort him. "It's okay. Everything is gonna be alright." His heart aches for him, and he hates seeing him in pain.

"Take care, Seth. I'll see you later," Roman says and gives him a soft smile then pats Dean's shoulder which makes him look up at him. "If you want anything, just call us." He says, and Dean nods.

After Roman leaves their room, Dean lies beside Seth and makes sure not to hurt him before he wraps his arms around him. After a few moments of consideration, Seth gives in slowly and eases himself away from Dean's loving embrace.

Dean kisses Seth's forehead and smiles softly as he brushes his lover's hair out of his face. The gentle brush of fingers through his long black locks is enough to calm Seth the rest of the way. His eyes slowly closed, and before long, he is out once again.