13: It's Not a Matter of Luck

Later that day, we all packed our stuff and left for home. Andy had rented a big parking spot near their old recording studio where we could stay without being bothered all too much. It was pretty close to Jake's place too, so that was nice.

"Say, when are you guys going to tell the public?" CC eventually asked.

"Whenever they start asking questions, I guess." Andy mumbled. "Which knowing the media I'm sure will not take very long."

Jinxx coughed and nervously scratched the back of his head as he stared at his phone. "You might want to check twitter, guys."

Andy raised an eyebrow and grabbed his phone from the table. The way Jinxx was acting made me choke up with worry. But I silently waited for a reaction from Andy as he scrolled through his notification feed. Suddenly he frowned and sighed.

"What's wrong, babe?" I decided to ask in a whisper.

"Really?" Andy mentioned with a skeptical tone as his eyes flew over a sentence or two. His frown then slowly turned into a smile. "There's no way you can tell that's me from that height." He put his phone closer to his face and inspected the tweet some more. "Well babe, you are now known as the mystery girl."

Andy handed the phone to me and lit a cigarette. It was a dark, vague picture, taken from what seemed like the opposite building of the hotel that we stayed in the other night. On the photo were two dark figures kissing, and of course I knew it were Andy and I... but that definitely wasn't very clear in the picture itself.

"Oh well, just a matter of time now." I mumbled softly as I put Andy's phone back on the table.

Andy then threw his cigarette in the ashtray and grabbed my chin with his index finger and his thumb. "You'll be fine, Princess. I promise." He whispered.

I looked into his eyes and sighed. He was so sincere. And I knew he'd do anything to defend me. But I was just so afraid for the hate he'd get, not even so much me.

"Yeah Lexus, it'll be alright. Don't worry so much about it." Jake said as he walked by and messed up my hair. "You're a tough girl."