39: The Special Interview

Andy had arranged for Dennis and me to join him and the guys for a couple of days. They were doing a photoshoot for Alternative Press and three of the last shows in the same city, so we could hang out there for a little while.

The guys had somehow convinced me to come to the venue early on the day of the last show, so we all spent some time there. I left Dennis with Jinxx as I went out to get some food for us all. They kept pushing for some reason that I needed to be back in time. "Back in time for what?" I asked with a frown.

"Just hurry your ass back here, Lexie. We're hungry!" Ashley stated demandingly.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket, already on my way back to the venue with bags of fast food, drinks and food for Dennis that I quickly picked up from the store.

As I walked into the backstage area of the venue, Jake and CC were sitting around a big table and greeted me. "She's back!" CC yelled around the room. Ashley and Jinxx came running out of the bathroom, Ashley holding Dennis in his arms and grinning mischievously.

"W-What did I miss?" I asked as I dumped the bags of food on the table.

Ashley then turned Dennis towards me and busted out laughing. My poor baby boy's face was all smeared with war paint. "He's one of us now!" Jinxx announced proudly.

I just shook my head and laughed. "Oh my god, guys... I'm never leaving y'all alone with my son again. Where the heck is Andy anyways? What a father he is." I joked, honestly amused by what they had done. It even looked kinda cool.

"Gotta admit, Lexie... it looks awesome on the kid." CC stated.

I laughed and shook my head. "Okay, okay, it looks great. Now please wash it off before it gets all over his clothes, alright?"

Jinxx chuckled and took Dennis from Ashley's arms. "Well that was fun... while it lasted." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes and started unpacking the food for everyone. Eventually Andy joined in too. "Hey, here you all are! Thanks for the food, babe." He mentioned as he kissed my cheek. "AP is coming over in a sec, they want to do a quick interview."

Jake looked at him confused. "An interview? But didn't we...-" Ashley then quickly cut him off by nudging him in the head. "Ow! Oh, right." He muttered, glancing over at me for a second.

I raised an eyebrow and scanned everyone's faces. "You guys are acting fucking weird today." I muttered. They honestly looked like they were hiding something.

After quickly eating, Andy gave Dennis a kiss and disappeared into his dressing room again. I just sat back on the lounge as I watched the guys keeping themselves busy with my boy. He was giggling like mad, especially when Ashley suddenly put a bandana on his head. It looked kind of cute.

"Ashee!" Dennis squealed, waving his arms in the air.

"Holy shit!" Ash then exclaimed. "He basically just said my name!"

I giggled softly at Ashley's excitement. "Say CC! Cee-Cee. Come on, say it!" CC then started too. But Dennis just looked at him weird, and boy how he resembled Andy when he threw looks like that. It was absolutely adorable. "Ugh, never mind. You'll learn eventually."

As I enjoyed myself watching them, I noticed from the corner of my eye that Andy and a few guys from AP finally came in. They stood near the entrance to the stage and set up for the interview.

"Okay, since you haven't done an interview in a while..." One of the guys from AP started. "Just talk a bit about the last year and the upcoming material. You're a great talker so I'm sure we'll get plenty of stuff to use."

Andy nodded and cleared his throat, throwing me a quick glance and a smile. I smiled back at him and watched as he started the interview.

"Hi, my name is Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides, and I'm here with AP magazine for a very... special interview. I'm here to reassure you that we've indeed been writing and recording a lot of new material again. I know it's taken us quite some time to make a new album, but so much has happened in the last year, I really wanted to write something to relate to those events and take the time to get it right. There are many new things I've had to deal with and get used to, of course as you all know, I became a father a little over a year ago, and it was my intent to really get into the core of my feelings of responsibility and write that down. I think we're getting there, to be honest. It's also been a really interesting process trying to balance touring and dealing with the band as well as my family life. It's not easy, but luckily my girlfriend is a great woman and very understanding. I also frequently got some great advice from some of my fellow rock star dads out there, and it's honestly been very helpful. But... there is just one thing I need to do before this year is over."

Meanwhile Andy, the interviewer, the cameraman and the sound guy had slowly made their way towards us while he talked. "You see..." Andy then continued. "When there's something in your life, that you don't ever want to let go of, you have to take certain measures to keep it in your life. Whether that's music, your hobby, your favorite pet... or even someone you love."

What in the world was he on about? Questioningly, I looked back the guys, who were silently sitting in the back of the area, grinning wildly. This was seriously weird.

"I realized, not long ago, that I needed to take measures to keep that someone that I love in my life too." I then heard Andy say, really close by. I took my focus off the guys and looked in front of me, to find Andy sitting there on one knee with a little black box in his hands. And immediately I choked up. "So, here goes... Alexis Joanna Ratliff... will you marry me?" He then asked, his voice nervous and raspy as he opened the box, revealing a stunning silver ring with a heart cut ruby on it.

I gasped as I gazed at the ring for a moment. He just really asked me to marry him... during an interview. Everyone was going to know now. "Holy shit..." I started, letting it sink in, as I then looked back at Andy's face; the look in his eyes full of hope. "I um, I mean... well yes! Yes of course! Oh my god, yes!" I finally managed to squeal.

I lunged myself off the lounge and jumped at Andy, knocking him over on his back as he wrapped his arms around me and caught me.

"I believe she said yes." Ashley then stated sarcastically.

I kissed Andy passionately and smiled. "I love you so damn much, Andy."

Andy softly laughed and sat up, gently putting the ring around my finger. "I love you too, Lexus. Forever." He then said, kissing the tip of my nose.

"And you totally fucking planned this, didn't you?" Andy just nodded and winked up at the AP guys. Little son of a sweetheart. I almost couldn't wrap my head around it; I was now officially engaged... to the love of my life... to Andy Biersack.