30: Weekend With the Grandparents

More weeks went by without a word from Andy, and honestly I wasn't surprised. It was probably better this way. It was however my plan to spend a few days with Chris and Amy. They were my little boy's grandparents after all. Not to forget, it was also almost Amy's birthday and my own two weeks after.

I had about a week and a half left before I had reached the due date of my little boy's official registration. I dearly hoped that perhaps Chris and Amy could help me with a name instead, since I couldn't make up my mind on my own.

When I arrived at their home, I dropped my suitcase and rang the doorbell. Chris opened the door and immediately he smiled brightly at the tiny little bundle in the baby carrier. "There's my beautiful girl with my gorgeous grandson."

I wasn't sure what to think about the fact that he still called me 'his beautiful girl' like nothing had happened, but this time I just went with it. "Yes... here we are." I replied excitedly. "All ready and stoked to meet grandma en grandpa."

Chris then grabbed my suitcase and dragged it inside. "Oh hello sweetie!" Amy called as I walked into the living room. "Aww let me see my perfect little grandson."

I carefully took off the baby carrier, pulled him out of it and handed him over to Amy. Chris then scooted over behind her and caressed his little baby hairs. It was absolutely heartwarming to see them this excited. They had the same sparkle in their eyes as Andy did when he first held him.

"He does really look like our Andrew, doesn't he?" Amy asked Chris, her voice filled with pride. "He has his eyes."

Chris looked at me to see my reaction, so I just smiled. "With Andy's looks and your charm, Lexus, this boy will definitely break some hearts." He said.

I chuckled softly. "Yeah I bet he will."

Amy looked up at me and smiled. "You two must be tired after the flight and drive over here. I took Andy's old crib out of the garage and put it in the guest bedroom. I'll tuck him in for a nap and then you can take a relaxing bath, okay Alexis?"

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks m-... Amy." I was practically used to calling her mom by now, but since the situation had changed, it seemed awkward to call her that.

I unpacked some of my suitcase and got ready for a nice, hot bath. I was truly and honestly grateful that they still saw me as part of the family, and not just because of their grandson. Chris and Amy were truly amazing people.

After my bath, I slipped into an old Black Veil Brides shirt and some comfy jogging pants. I put my hair up in a bun and spent some time with the grandparents. I thanked them endlessly for the effort they had put into the house. We talked about my career, my mom, life out in Los Angeles and just anything really.

A few hours went by, until I heard my baby boy crying. Feeding time. I smiled and went into the guest bedroom. "Hey little boy." I called in a whisper as I picked him up. "Are you hungry?" I then carefully rubbed his back and sat down on the rocking chair that Amy had placed in the corner of the room.

When I finished feeding him, I gently patted his back until he burped, and decided to take him back with me into the kitchen, where Amy was making us all dinner. "I wonder where he is... he only went out to get candy for Halloween tomorrow." Amy murmured, not realizing I had entered the kitchen.

Oh right, Halloween. "Who? Chris?" I then asked.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Oh he's awake!" She said with a gentle voice, completely ignoring my question. She caressed his cheek with one finger and then continued cooking. I looked back down, feeling how perfectly his little head fit into the crevice of my neck. His soft little breaths on my skin felt so soothing.

"Hey mom, I'm back! Sorry it took so long, damn stores were out of the good kind of candy." I then heard Andy's amused voice call out behind me, slowly getting closer.

I felt my heart shoot up to my throat as I slowly turned around to meet him. The second he saw me; he stopped dead in his tracks. "Lexus!" He then choked nervously, eyes wide with shock. "Mom, you... you didn't tell me..."

Amy giggled and took the bags filled with candy from Andy's grasp. "Oh right, Alexis is staying here for a few days. Didn't I tell you? Gosh how forgetful of me." Amy was a horrible liar; if it's something she did not do, it was forget things. She had the memory of an elephant, just like me. This was planned.

For a moment, our eyes were locked. "Well you're right on time because dinner is almost ready." Amy then mentioned. I then broke free from the gaze and hurried past Andy back to the living room. There wasn't a thing in the world that could make me feel any more uncomfortable than what just took place.

Andy sat down on the floor next to the TV and stared my way in silence for several minutes. "How are you doing?" He eventually asked.

"Fine." I muttered.

He then scratched the back of his head. "Good... that's, good. And how's...?"

"He still doesn't have a name." I quickly cut him off.

"I see." It wasn't much of a conversation, but I was too thrown off guard by his presence that I didn't really know what to say or how to act. All I felt at this point was the urge to punch him in the face again.

Dinner was silent and awkward. Chris tried so hard to spike up conversations, but neither Andy nor I would keep it going. I glanced over at him every so now and then. It was then that I noticed that his left hand was tightly wrapped into a bandage. But I didn't bother to ask him about it and quickly looked away once I noticed him looking at me.

When dinner was over, I helped Amy clear the table and then got my little boy ready for bed. When I was pregnant, I listened to so much of Andy's music, that singing his songs always seemed to help him sleep. "I will wait dear... a patience of eternity, my crush... a universe so still, no rust... no dust will ever grow on this frame, one million years and I will say your name... I love you more than I can ever scream..."

Meanwhile I had heard someone come into the room. And I knew it was Andy, especially when he began to softly sing along with me. "We booked our flight those years ago... I said I loved you as I left you... Regrets still haunt my hollow head... But I promised you that I will see you again..."

I smiled a little but kept my gaze down on my beautiful boy, yawning and making the cutest little sleepy noises. "I was thinking... Dennis." I then whispered.

"But... that's my middle name." Andy noticed after a moment of silence.

"I know... I just thought that... well..."

"I like it." Suddenly it felt like he was really close. And as I turned my head, I found that he had moved beside me. He smiled and leaned over the edge of the crib. "Good night, Dennis." He whispered as he planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

Finally our boy had a name. Dennis Joseph Biersack.

That was going to be it.

"What happened to your hand?" I then decided to ask, remembering the bandage.

Andy chuckled softly. "Remember how you were crushing my hand while giving birth to this little boy?" He started. I frowned questioningly. "Well you broke two of my bones during that."

I gasped and laughed softly, covering my mouth with my hand to drown out the noise. "Oh my god." I whispered. But you know what? I wasn't even sorry.