41: Marrying Your Baby Daddy

Time flew by like it was nothing, and before I knew it the big day had arrived. The venue we had chosen to have the wedding at was the same hotel we shared our first real kiss on New Year's Eve 2,5 years ago.

The weather was perfect for a big rooftop wedding, and that was one thing less to stress about. "And you're really sure there are enough seats for everyone up there though? I mean literally everyone we invited is coming!" I yelled nervously, pacing forward and back in my hotel room.

"Lexie, calm down." Rose said, half panicking because of my behavior, as she followed me around carrying my dress in her arms. "I'm sure Andy took care of everything. The guests were his job after all, wasn't it? Don't worry about it."

"That's exactly why I'm worried!" I muttered as I threw my hands in the air. "And would you please stop following me?!" I then yelled as I felt her bump into me the moment I stopped walking.

"S-Sorry." Rose choked apologetically.

Ella (Cole) and Katelynne (Quinn) came into the hotel room, holding a bunch of bags, which I assumed and prayed were the bridesmaids' dresses. Closely behind them followed Ronnie's new girlfriend Jessica, holding Dennis in one arm and walking with little Willow closely by her side.

"The guests are rolling in like mad." Ella mentioned as she dropped the bags. "Better get you ready, girl. Come on, sit down, and let me do your hair."

I whined out of frustration and sat down on a chair in front of the mirror as Ella did my hair. She brushed it, gently pulled it back, put in a hair clip and curled the rest. As she was busy, I eyed the other girls as they were putting on their dresses. They were all black dresses, knee height, covered with white lace. And they looked absolutely beautiful in it.

Rose was my maid of honor and she would be walking Dennis and Willow down the aisle with the rings. Amy and Chris had gotten them a little tuxedo and dress to match and it looked so adorable on both of them.

Dennis was now almost 2 and had already caught up walking quite fast. Willow was 4 and she turned out as quite a cheeky girl, just like her father Ronnie. Dennis and Willow played a lot together and that was honestly nice to see.

When Ella was done adding a few white feathers to my hair and continued on my make-up, there was a knock on the door. "That better not be Andy. Send him away if it's him. I've managed to not see him for this long, he better not fuck it up." I snapped nervously.

Jessica laughed at me and opened the door. "Hey baby!" She called out, so I figured it was Ronnie. That was a relief. "What're you doing here?" She then asked him.

"Just checking up on my little girl." I heard him say.

"Daddy!" Willow screamed. In just a matter of seconds, Ronnie was beside me, with Willow on his shoulders. "Alexis is so pretty daddy, isn't she?"

Ronnie grinned down at me. "Yes she is, but not as pretty as you are." He told his daughter proudly. I was so happy that Ronnie was able to spend time with his daughter again. It really meant the world to him.

"How's Andy holding up?" I then calmly asked.

"He's one nervous fucking wreck." Ronnie muttered in an amused tone.

"Daddy! Bad word!" Willow yelled as she slapped him on top of his head.

I giggled softly. "Sorry baby." Ronnie pouted apologetically. "Anyways, I've already seen him smoke at least two packets of cigarettes just this morning. He should get into vaping dude, would last him much longer. I'd say he's more nervous than you are, to be honest."

"Aww." Rose, Ella and Katelynne all mused at the same time. "That's just so sweet." Katelynne added. I was amused by the fact that, whatever kind of situation it was, Andy always seemed to be more nervous than I was. It was cute in a way.

"Okay, it's time to get you into your dress, missus. Everyone who isn't supposed to be here, I implore you to leave." Ella then announced as she took my dress from Rose's hands.

Ronnie nodded and leaned in for a hug. "Hair!" Ella then suddenly screamed, making Ronnie jump back. "Do not fuck up the hair!" He just rolled his eyes, threw me a wink as I laughed and left the hotel room.

As I looked back into the mirror to check on my hair, my phone buzzed. When I saw it was a text from Andy, I instantly lit up. "Hey Princess, never missed you as much as I'm doing right now... any chance I can have a sneak peek? ;)"

I chuckled softly and began to type back. "Sorry babe, not happening :P I miss you too though... not long now. Hope you like my dress."

Only seconds later, I already got a reply. "I'm sure you'll look perfect in it. Hell you could be wearing a plastic bag and still look perfect. Hey do you or any of the girls there have smokes? I'm totally out."

What a dork. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Well come on, let's get you in this dress. You can talk to Andy all you want after you're married." Ella demanded.

I cleared my throat and threw my phone aside as I turned to her. "Sorry." I muttered as I gazed upon my wedding gown. This was it; the sheer realization of the fact that I was getting married hit me right in the face.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into my gown, sucking in my gut as Ella and Rose gently pulled it up to my chest. Rose held it up as Ella went around the back and did the laces of the corset. I gasped as she pulled them really tight.

"I still have to breathe you know!" I spat.

"Suck it up." Ella spat back with a laugh at the end. "Trust me, you'll be fine." She then grabbed the veil and put it on me as well. "Well let's have a look, shall we?"

I closed my eyes and turned towards the big wardrobe mirror. "I'm afraid to look." I admitted nervously. But no one replied. I simply imagined them all rolling their eyes at me instead. This was a big deal though!

After mustering up the confidence, I finally opened my eyes. I looked into the mirror and scanned myself from head to toe. My wedding dress was everything I imagined it to be while on me. It hugged all the right places and for once I actually, genuinely felt beautiful.

"Don't forget this!" Katelynne then yelped excitedly, waving a flashy black garter in the air. "Come on, lift your leg." She demanded as she got down onto her knees beside me.

I looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. "Are we seriously doing that?"

"Yes! Really, Kellin and I did this too it's fun. Now lift that leg, girly!" I chuckled and held onto her shoulders as I lifted my right leg. It was a really nice garter, to be honest. It was black, made of lace, with a crimson red bow on it, decorated with stones.

When she finished putting it on me, I looked back into the mirror. This was it then. I was all done and ready for the big event. "Wow..." I choked as I looked at myself some more.

"Don't you dare cry." Rose then muttered, as tears were welling up in her eyes.

I looked at her for a moment and bit my lip. I was trying as hard as I could to not cry, but then seeing her cry made it even harder. "So this is really happening, right?" I couldn't help but to ask for some reason.

They all nodded and smiled brightly. "Yep it's real, you are marrying your baby daddy." Jessica said with a weird fake gangster accent.

I busted out laughing and shook my head. But I was glad she said it, because for some reason I no longer felt like bawling my eyes out. I glanced over at the clock and saw it was only an hour away from the start of the ceremony. And I prayed to god that I still remembered how to walk once I got to the roof.

The girls and I took a few pictures, also with the kids and tried to relax while the clock slowly continued ticking.