42: Don't Run Off

This was it.

When the music started playing, everyone shot me one last glance and a few smiles before they started walking down the aisle. Jake and Ella were the first ones to go. Soon after, it was Ronnie and Jessica's turn. Then followed by Kellin and Katelynne.

"Now don't run off, okay!" Rose joked as she took Dennis from my arms.

I just chuckled and diverted my eyes away. "I won't." I mumbled nervously. The thought to run away hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest. I was nervous as hell though, not because I was marrying Andy, but because I was afraid of trivial things like tripping over my dress or not saying my 'I do's' when I was supposed to.

Rose handed little Willow the basket of black flower petals and Dennis the small pillow with the rings. "Go on, guys!" She told them as she gently nudged them towards the beginning of the aisle. I giggled softly at the cute sight and watched the three of them walk off.

"Well, are you ready, gorgeous?" Chris then asked, as he came up beside me.

I nodded in silence as I latched my arm through his. I had decided that I wanted Chris to give me away because after all, he had been more of a father to me than my own ever was. He had always supported both of us no matter what we did or went through. It was the right choice.

As I heard the notes in the song that queued for us to go, I took a deep breath and squeezed Chris' arm. He simply looked down at me and smiled as we started walking down the aisle. I swirled my eyes left and right, looking down at all the people sitting and staring at me. "Oh god." I whispered, gritting my teeth nervously.

"You're doing fine." Chris whispered back below his breath, carefully patting my hand as it rested on his arm.

I looked up at him for a moment, taking a deep breath, and then looked in front of me. Slowly, though it seemed like forever, we were getting closer to the end. About half way there, when the others before us had already taken their places, I finally spotted Andy. He slowly turned around with a stern look on his face, his hands folded and his jaw tightly clenched.

But the moment his eyes met mine, the look on his face changed in an instant. His lips curled into a bright smile and there was obvious shock and happiness showing. Ashley stood by his side and smiled excitedly, throwing me a thumbs up and a wink. Their reactions made me blush like mad.

As we arrived at the end, Chris gently grabbed my hands, planted a soft kiss on them and handed me over to Andy. "Wow..." He gasped in a whisper, as he looked down into my eyes and smirked. I smiled and bit my lip nervously as I looked back him. He was pretty 'wow' himself and my face must've been as red as a tomato by then.

When Chris had taken his place beside Amy, the officiant started his speech. "Friends and family of the bride and groom, welcome and thank you for being here on this very special day. We are all gathered together to celebrate the unique love between Andy and Alexis, by joining them in marriage..."

Andy's grip on my hands tightened during that last bit and I couldn't help but to smile even brighter. This was really happening.

"...Andy and Alexis, your marriage today is the public and legal joining of your souls that have already been united as one in your hearts. Marriage will allow you a new environment to share your lives together, standing together to face life and the world, hand-in-hand.Marriage is going to expand you as individuals, define you as a couple, and deepen your love for one another.To be successful, you will need strength, courage, patience and a really good sense of humor..."

Everyone laughed a little at that part, knowing how crazy life really was with Andy and the band. There was definitely never going to be a lack of humor in our lives, which was one thing that was sure.

"...So, let your marriage be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again. Now... I understand that the couple has written their own vows. So we will now take a moment and let them do their thing."

"It's a song!" Ashley informed the officiant proudly. I chuckled a little at Ashley's pride, knowing he claimed to me the day before how he had supposedly helped Andy write his vows. But wait; did Ash say it was a song?

A microphone was then placed in between us. Jinxx suddenly showed up with his violin and Jake joined in with an acoustic guitar. "W-What?" I mouthed as I watched them getting ready. Andy then cleared his throat, which made me look up at him again.

He held both of my hands in one hand and gently held onto the microphone with the other. "For the last full month, Lexus bugged me every day about whether I had written my own vows yet, and whether maybe we should just keep to the traditional vows, since I had to keep telling her that I hadn't written a single word yet." Andy told the crowd with an amused chuckle.

Everyone laughed softly and I blushed in embarrassment.

"The problem was, though..." Andy then continued, his voice going croaky. "However much I tried, I just couldn't seem to put my feelings into a speech, so instead I wrote a song."

I gasped as Jinxx and Jake started playing. Andy smiled and began... "I watched you walk down the aisle... looking so beautiful, as I knew you would... today we are getting married... you and I, just like we should... so here I stand with your hands in mine... a happy man, a life so sublime... telling you girl, that I do, I do... I'd do anything for you... I'd do everything for you... I'd do anything, and everything, for you... Alexis, I do... I do."

Tears started welling up in my eyes. How was I supposed to compete with that? Heck at this point I didn't even remember how to talk. The song went on for a few more verses. And Andy's voice was perfect, as always. Near the end, he let go of the microphone and gently wiped away the tear that had just escaped my eye. My voice broke numerous times during my own vows and every time it did, Andy only smiled wider. Everyone then awwed as I finished my vows, and I prepared myself for what came next.

"Do you Andrew Dennis Biersack take this woman Alexis Joanna Ratliff to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, for richer or poorer, until death by some foolish attempt to look cool on stage do you part?"

Everyone started laughing and I noticed Ashley throwing a wink in the officiant's direction. I figured he had told the officiant to add the last bit. The idiot.

Andy chuckled and smiled down at me as he held my hands. "I do." He said, most sincerely.

"And do you..." The officiant then continued. "Alexis Joanna Ratliff take this man Andrew Dennis Biersack to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

I smiled brightly as I looked into Andy's eyes. "Heck yes I do." I said with a slightly nervous laugh. Andy chuckled happily at my reaction, and squeezed my hands even tighter than before.

After that was done, Rose nudged Dennis forward with the rings. "Rings!" He blabbed and I realized it was the first time he had ever said the word. It was just so adorable. Andy and I both bent down, giving him a kiss and grabbing our rings, and then faced each other again.

As we, ever so awkwardly, put each other's rings on the other's finger, the officiant spoke. "By the authority vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." He announced with a smirk.

Andy then grabbed me by the waist, dipped me backwards and kissed me deeply. I smiled into the kiss, threw my bouquet in a random direction, and cupped Andy's face into my hands as I kissed him back. In the background I heard everyone clapping and cheering. And at that moment, the English language was too limited to express just how happy I was.