20: Listen up Son

Andy and I had taken in the tour bus again, so I just went over to Ronnie's to pick up some of the clothes I still had there. They were some of my baggier clothes, which I definitely needed now that a bump would slowly appear soon.

"It's all over the Internet, social media, you name it." Ronnie suddenly said as I walked back into the living room.

I raised an eyebrow. "What is?" I then asked curiously.

"That you're pregnant with Biersack's kid. With photos and everything; comparing what size you were half a year ago and now." He sounded somewhat upset by that.

I was kind of shocked for a moment, but really, that was the media for you. "Oh well big deal." I shrugged. "They were bound to figure it out at some point."

Ronnie got up from the couch and looked at me. The look on his face was a bit off. Something was wrong. "And what if the kid is mine, Ratliff?!" He suddenly exclaimed, an obvious slur messing up his tone. "You're just going to pretend that it isn't?"

I blinked a few times out of confusion and stepped back as he came at me. "Ronnie, relax. We talked about this already. Andy is signing the birth certificate, whether it's yours or his." I calmly stated.

Ronnie then grabbed my wrists and held me in place against the wall as he looked into my eyes. His breath smelling heavily of liquor. Great, he was drunk. "I love you, Alexis." He whispered, his voice sounding demanding as he gripped tighter onto my wrists.

"Ronnie, you're hurting me." I whispered calmly. "Come on, please stop." I tried my hardest to yank myself out of his grip, but he only held on tighter instead.

"I love you." He simply whispered again, ignoring my fight completely. And then he suddenly kissed me, forcing his tongue down my throat for a good minute.

I squirmed under his grasp. He was definitely seriously drunk. And deep down inside I prayed that no one else was around. A drunken emotional Ronnie wasn't always a very nice Ronnie and I had to be careful.

When he finally pulled away again he let go of me and turned away. "Ronnie, you need to calm down, okay?" I whispered. "Think about what you're saying here. You are just upset because you're scared I will do the same to you as your ex did, but I..."

"Shut up!" He then yelled, swinging an arm in my direction. He hit me flat in the face with the back of his hand and made me tumble over onto the floor. "Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" He immediately exclaimed afterwards as he saw me hold onto my belly with one hand and my face with the other.

He had hit me hard enough to cause a burning feeling on my cheek and tears rolling down from the result of the impact. I was urged to yell at him that this was exactly what had gotten him into the situation of not being able to see his daughter, but I didn't.

He kneeled down beside me and carefully put his hands over mine, barely touching them. "I'm so, so fucking sorry." He whispered, his voice now cracking. The scare of it had surely sobered him up in an instant. "Did I... did I hurt you?"

"Yes, Ronnie, you fucking did!" I snarled in a frustrated tone.

"I'm sorry." He repeated several times as he gently helped me up. "I didn't mean to do that; any of it. I'm such a jerk. Is it bad?"

I groaned, feeling the pain in my back as I stood up. "Well you sure caused for some bruising." I muttered, rubbing my wrists. I then looked at him and sighed. "Listen Ronnie, like I've said before, whatever the results are, Andy will sign the birth certificate. He will be the father. And if this baby is yours, you are more than welcome to visit the kid whenever you want. And when the time is right, he or she will be told the truth. I promised you that. You know this."

Ronnie pushed his fingers through his hair and sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry." He whispered. "Fuck, can you ever forgive me?"

I picked my stuff up off the ground and started packing it. "Tomorrow I'll be called between two and three for the results. I expect to see you then." And that was all I really wanted to say on the matter, which basically left Ronnie speechless too.

That night I went to bed feeling sore and nervous. So many things went through my mind. I wondered how long my mom still had to live, whether she'd live long enough to meet her grandchild. I wondered whether if my family would even accept my baby. I wondered what Andy's honest reaction was going to be if it turned out that the baby wasn't his. But I also wondered what his reaction was going to be if it turned out that it was. That was the only thought that made me smile that night.

For hours I lay awake while Andy was next to me, sound asleep. I considered myself the luckiest girl in the world, being exactly where I was. Andy was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

I softly smiled to myself as I caressed his cheek with my fingertips. Andy frowned and wrinkled his nose, which made me giggle a little. He was so adorable in his sleep. I then softly kissed his forehead and snuggled up to him closely.

"Listen up, son." Andy then suddenly mumbled in his sleep. "Your mother will beat your scrawny ass if she finds you sneaking out to go see that girl. Take the back door, I'll cover for you."

I laughed and quickly covered my mouth with my hand. Was he seriously dreaming what I thought he was dreaming about?