44: THE FINAL CHAPTER

"Sweetie, did you do your homework?" I asked as I walked into the living room where Dennis was playing the new video game that Jake had given him for his 17th birthday. Yes, 15 years had passed, just like that. And they had been some amazing 15 years.

"Yes, mom." He mumbled, keeping his eyes fixed on the screen as he smashed the buttons. It was another one of those typical shooting in warzone kind of games. And he loved them.

"Okay, well, show me what you've done after your game, okay? This is your final year and it's really important." I stated as I was eyeing the screen. I remembered watching the guys play a similar game like this many years ago. "Dude on the left, there!" I noticed myself yell at the screen.

Dennis shot the person to his character's left and chuckled softly. "Thanks, mom." He muttered in an amused tone. The game ended and he put his controller on the table. "Can I maybe have some snacks? I'll go get my homework then."

I nodded with a smile and made my way to the kitchen. Dennis turned out to be such a good kid. Schools these days were quite different, and he never got bullied, unlike us back in the day. His grades were great, and just like his dad; he had formed a band with a few of his best friends.

I made some snacks and went back into the living room, when I suddenly heard the jingling of keys coming from the hallway. "Guess who's home early from tour!" Andy announced as he came walking in with a big smile on his face.

My face instantly lit up as I ran his way. He spread his arms wide and caught me as I flew right at him. "I missed you so much, babe." Andy whispered into my hair as he held me tightly.

"I missed you too, baby." I smiled up at him and started kissing him passionately.

"Eww mom... dad... that's gross." I heard Dennis complain behind me.

Andy and I both chuckled as we pulled away from each other. "Great to see you again too, kid." Andy then stated, directed at Dennis. "I got you a little something, by the way."

It was then that I noticed the huge box that stood behind Andy. He pointed at it and smiled, instantly triggering Dennis' excitement. He ran at it and aggressively started ripping off the tape. He opened the box and squealed, almost like a little fangirl. "Oh shit! Holy fuck! This is fucking sick dad, I love it!" He exclaimed.

Andy smirked proudly and shrugged. "You're welcome."

It was the guitar that Dennis had been bugging him about for months. He hugged it like it was a stuffed bear and squealed again. I chuckled softly at his cute reaction. I just loved seeing him happy.

"I have to go and show Willow!" He then exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him blankly. "Willow, eh? You've been hanging around with her a lot lately, so I've heard." Andy then noted with a teasing smirk.

Dennis suddenly got nervous and scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah uh, we're good friends... you know." He blabbed.

"Well you're going nowhere tonight, sweetie." I then stated. "You've still got a lot of studying to do."

"But mom?!" Dennis then whined. I simply shook my head at him, making him groan in reply and turn towards Andy. "Dad?" He then tried.

Andy backed up and laughed. "I'm sorry kid, I just got back I'm not going to argue with your mother and risk not getting some." He stated as he groped my ass.

"Dad. Gross." Dennis stated with a disgusted look on his face. He took his guitar and quickly ran into his room with it.

I rolled my eyes and then turned towards Andy, wrapping my arms around his neck. "So, how was the tour, baby?" I asked him.

He grinned and nuzzled my neck. "It was great, but I'm glad to be home again for a while." He admitted as he dipped me backwards and left a trail of kisses from my neck down to my chest.

I giggled softly and ran my fingers through his hair. "How about I go take a shower and meet you in the bedroom so we can... talk some more?"

Andy pulled me back onto my feet and winked as he let go of me. We had been together for almost 18 years now and still we were madly in love. Black Veil Brides had become even more successful over the years, so Andy and the guys would still tour a lot, but they loved it more than ever. My career took a while to have a serious lift-off, but that was mostly because I wanted to be a proper mom too. Eventually I found the right balance between the two.

Dennis grew up with Willow, Ronnie's daughter, and they seemed quite fond of each other. So much that Dennis was once brought home by Ronnie, dragging him by the ear for sneaking into her room at night. Even though she was 19 now, Ronnie was really protective over his girl. I honestly didn't blame him though.

Andy was convinced there was more going on between the two; he would talk about how it reminded him of how he was in high school with me... "I just hope he has the guts to ask her out instead of waiting on the sidelines for years, like me." but Ronnie would have none of it. It was pretty amusing, to be honest.

After I had taken my shower and was drying myself off, I heard Andy and Dennis talk. "Dude, your mother will beat your scrawny ass if she finds you sneaking out to see Willow!" He snapped in a whisper.

"I know, dad, but come on! It's Willow... you know..." Dennis hinted. Oh, obviously Andy knew more than I did.

I heard Andy sigh and chuckle. "Alright, go on, take the back door I'll cover for you." I then heard him say. "But be nice to her dad, 'kay? I know he can come across as an asshole, but as a father, he's allowed to do that. He's an okay dude, really."

"Yeah dad, whatever."

I threw on my bathrobe and exited the bathroom, leaning against the wall as I watched Dennis leave out of the back door. I shook my head and smiled to myself, suddenly remembering something that had happened all those years back.

Andy then turned around, smiling smugly, until he spotted me. "Oh fuck... I'm in trouble, aren't I?" He then asked, smirking nervously.

"You have no idea how much." I stated, trying to stay serious. But honestly, I was more amused by this than anything.

Andy walked over to me seductively and rested his hands on my hips. "I'm sorry, babe." He whispered. "Can you forgive me?" He looked at me pleadingly, and I just couldn't resist those beautiful blue puppy dog eyes of his.

I sighed and gave up quick enough. "You know... what just happened, it's happened before." I then started. Andy just looked at me with a questioning frown. "The night before I got the DNA results, you were talking in your sleep... You muttered the same words 'your mother will beat your scrawny ass if she finds you sneaking out to go see that girl'." I explained, trying to reenact his voice as I chuckled.

Andy's lips curled into a mischievous smile. "Really, that happened? How come you never told me about that?"

"Must've slipped my mind." I shrugged. We then kissed deeply for a few minutes and let out a happy sigh after I pulled away. "I love you, Andy." I told him.

"I love you too, Lexus." Andy whispered as he looked into my eyes. "See, I told you that not all love fades." He then added, sliding a finger across the tattoo on my arm.

I smiled and nodded. Not all love fades. And I believed that now.

--- THE END ---

omg I actually finished it haha! I really want to thank everyone who's taken the time to read, comment and vote on this!! I loved working on this story.. ❤️❤️