17: Could Go Two Ways

Just a few days later, I was sitting around at Ronnie's; writing some new lyrics, as I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I figured that it was that time again and went into the bathroom. As I did my thing I sent Andy a quick message.

"I miss you, Batman. Hope Europe is awesome."

And right when I hit send, the sharp pain returned. This time, it dwelled for a longer time. It felt like I was being stabbed from the inside out. I grabbed onto the sink with both my hands, trying to endure the pain. But it was just too much. When I looked down I saw a small pool of blood forming underneath me.

"Oh my god!" I screamed in horror. "Rose! Rose!"

The door flung open and Ronnie came barging inside. "What's going...- Oh shit! Are you okay, Ratliff?" He asked, obviously not really sure what else to ask.

I couldn't even answer him. The pain was just unbearable.

"Let's get you to the hospital right now, okay? Rose, get to the car, seriously! We need to go, like right now." Even Ronnie was panicking, that was obvious. He carefully put my arm over his shoulder for support and walked outside with me.

Rose was already in the car. "Is she okay, what happened?"

"I don't fucking know, alright. She's bleeding, like a lot."

Ronnie then carefully put me in the back seat, hopped in beside me, and Rose quickly drove off to the nearest hospital.

"Andy." I breathed. "Someone needs to tell him."

"Shhh, I'll call him later Ratliff." Ronnie whispered. "Important thing is that we get you to a doctor first."

At the hospital, they immediately put me in a bed and put me in a room, hooking me up on all kinds of machines, and then left me completely on my own. I really hated fucking hospitals. And I hated the fact that I left my phone in the bathroom at Ronnie's. I was desperate to call Andy. Even more so than wanting to know what the heck was going on.

After waiting for what seemed like hours, a doctor, a nurse, Ronnie and Rose came into the room. "Miss Ratliff, I can gladly inform you that you and the baby are doing just fine. The bleeding was quite severe, but it didn't cause any damage." The doctor explained, reading from the file he was holding.

"B-baby?" I repeated, praying that I had just heard that completely wrong.

"Yes, miss Ratliff, you are pregnant. You weren't aware of this? From what I can see in the blood results, you must be about 10 to 12 weeks along."

My heart stopped for a moment. "But... I took a test. It was negative." Sadly that wasn't going to make it any less true. But something inside me hoped it would.

"That is not unheard of, miss. Everything looks good though. I've prescribed you some vitamins for yourself and the baby. You can go home again tomorrow. I suggest that for now you get some rest, and I want you to come back in 2 weeks to check up on everything." The doctor then put the file on the end of the bed and left the room.

"Did he say 12 weeks? Isn't that like three months?" Ronnie then suddenly gulped.

Three months? What about... oh, wait... And then it hit me. Oh fuck. Oh fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. With slight pain, I jumped right out of bed and started pacing forth and back in the room while holding my belly in panic. This could not be happening.

"Three months?" Rose wondered, clearly wanting an explanation.

Ronnie laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, remember when I told you about that one time I slept with Ratliff here? Well that was about three months ago now."