5: Goodbye Brother

Breakfast was really nice, and the mood was enjoyable overall. Even after my brother's moment of being overly judgmental. 

After eating, we all headed to the lounge and exchanged drinks and presents. It was a very cozy lounge; huge couches covered in pillows and at the center of it was a big open fireplace. I really loved it.

A fair few good laughs later, Jake pulled out his acoustic guitar. "I think it's time we hear your new song, Lexus." He said as he held out the guitar towards me.

"Yeah!" CC yelled in agreement. "You said you wrote new stuff, let's hear it."

I felt my cheeks heating up almost instantly. "I'm... I'm not sure you guys." I murmured as I stared at the guitar.

"You wrote new stuff? How did I not know this?" Andy then wanted to know. "Now you have to play it for us. What's it about, huh?" He sounded pretty excited about it for some reason. But then again, he had always been especially excited and supportive of whatever I did.

I nervously scratched the back of my head and chuckled. "Eh, it's nothing special, just something I wrote to all the haters."

"Well let's hear it, girl." Jake then ushered.

I sighed and finally gave in. It seemed like no one was really on my side here, so fine then, let's play the damn song. I grabbed the guitar from Jake and cleared my throat as I started playing the chords. It took a moment, but I finally managed to get into it...

"If you wanna start a war... then I can help you find a way to this obsession of yours. If you wanna see a whore... so if you wanna see a whore... Then just take a look at me some more, lock the door, we'll settle the score..."

I quickly glanced over to look at the group, and everyone was just silently listening. And as my eyes met Andy's, he smiled softly and gave a nod for me to continue. It gave me just the boost that I needed at that moment.

"So this is all for you... I know you wanna break me and take me down too... But I will refuse, 'cause I can make them scream. And I believe that all eyes and your lies will see..."

I cleared my throat again and let my fingers slip off the strings. "Stop being so quiet guys, you're making me nervous." I then admitted.

"It's powerful, Lexus. I love it." Andy then complimented, breaking the heavy silence.

"Yeah, I should make you write songs for me, Ratliff." Ronnie then mentioned. "So what do you think, huh? Proud of your little sister for becoming a rock star?" He then added as he gave Tommy a playful nudge.

"I think it's a little naïve, to be honest." Tommy then muttered with a sigh. I put the guitar down and rolled my eyes. "I'm just saying, you're provoking people. You're making it seem like you're proud of your reputation of being a fucking whore. Only idiots write provoking lyrics towards haters. You give them attention with it."

"Did you just call your sister a whore and an idiot?" Jinxx noted, obvious shock lacing his words.

"And basically all of us." CC added below his breath.

"Your sister is doing a great job by addressing her haters like this, Tommy. It shows that she's above it all. It's pretty brave. I suggest you apologize and show her some respect, man." Andy pointed out.

"Guys, it's fine." I whispered with a deep sigh. My brother reacting like this was more than normal to me. 

"Fuck no, it's not fine at all."

Tommy got up and stared down at Ronnie. "Do you have a problem?"

Of course, Ronnie immediately jumped to his feet and was ready to charge at my brother. This honestly was not a good environment for his little anger issues. So I quickly jumped in between the two and grabbed Ronnie by his arms.