37: Scared Together

Back at the house, after my mother's funeral ceremony, I took a long shower and decided to give Jake a call to see how Dennis was doing. "He's quite the hyper one." Jake stated in an amused tone.

I chuckled softly. "That would be Dennis, yeah. Did he eat and take his naps?"

"Yeah, he did. We also took a stroll around the park with him." Jake confirmed. He then cleared his throat. "Got to be honest, I think Ella wants to keep him." He added in a whisper.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Like that's going to happen. Well anyways, give him lots of kisses from me. I'm going to get some rest, it was a rough day."

"Will do. Take care now."

I clicked away the call, and watched curiously as Andy got up and threw his coat over his shoulder. "I should probably head back to Ash." He muttered blankly.

As he was about to walk to the hallway, I grabbed him by the arm. "Andy wait." I started, not sure yet what I was going to say to him. He looked down at my hand on his arm and then inspected my face. "Will you... stay? Please?" I asked him.

Andy then nodded. "Sure, I can stay for the night, if it makes you feel better."

"No, Andy." I whispered. "I... I want you to stay... for good."

A soft, hopeful smile played on his lips. "Really? That's what you want?"

I nodded silently. It was all I wanted. It was all I needed. Just him, Dennis and me as a family, how it was supposed to be. Andy then took me into his arms and held me close. "Then that's exactly what I'm going to do."

The next morning, I was already awake quite early again, as I usually was purely out of instinct. But since Dennis wasn't here, I didn't have to get up. I casually rolled over onto my side and faced Andy, who was still far away, lost in a deep slumber.

I sighed softly and smiled to myself. Waking up with Andy beside me again made my heart skip a few beats. It had been some really tough couple of months; touring... fighting with my family... the pregnancy... Andy and me being apart... my mother dying... A single tear escaped my eye, and I quickly wiped it away.

To come think of it, this whole year had been kind of crazy. And it was already the last day of November again.

Slowly getting lost in my train of thought, I had hardly noticed that Andy had already woken up too. "How long have you been lying there staring at me?" He then asked, slightly amused.

I snapped out of my thoughts and blushed lightly. "A while, I guess."

Andy chuckled and scanned my face. "You're such a creep." He stated, his voice still sleepy and croaky. He then gently caressed my cheek with his thumb and leaned in for a kiss.

And for some reason it felt like we kissed for the first time. It was a deep kiss, full of desire and passion... one that reminded me just how much I loved him and how much I needed him.

I gently wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss, completely letting myself get lost in it. My heart raced and my lips were tingling, never had it felt this good before.

After a while, our lips parted again. Our noses still touched as Andy gently rubbed his thumb across my bottom lip and looked into my eyes. "It's good to be back here with you. I love you, Lexus." He then whispered, his voice breaking every now and then.

I smiled softly and buried my head into his chest. "I love you too." It was strange, but after everything, he still made me feel like a crazy-in-love teenager. And I never wanted to lose that again.