22. Muscle and Sinew

Y/n ran through the forest, sort of following Midoriya. She didn't know what exactly had prompted her to do run after him but she assumed it came from not wanting him to be completely injured. She had lost him when she decided to give her weapons to Mandalay and Tiger.

Focus, those weapons need to stay a reality. We are not having anyone get too seriously injured on my watch. Except for Midoriya, there's no way to avoid injuries with that idiot. 

Shaking her head, Y/n covered her nose and mouth with a hand and looked around for any sort of landmark. There! In the distance lay a small platform built into the rockface. Y/n started running, as fast as she could, diving over tree roots and ducking under branches. She found a convenient path leading into the rock face and winding around to the place where Midoriya was currently fighting Muscular. Ignoring the loud noises overhead, Y/n thought of a plan.

Alright... So Midoriya gets pretty busted up. My job is to prevent that or something.

She thought back to a lesson she had in school where they were assigned a poem to memorize and read in front of the whole class with all of the feeling and rhythm needed. She remembered helping her friend memorize the words in Poems by Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell.

Welcome the anguish, so it gave, more strength to work, more skill to save... That should do it. If I hit him with that, he'll end the fight quickly because it should make him stronger as he gets more injured.

Y/n ran faster, her plan set in motion. Running to the platform Midoriya was fighting on, she slid to a stop and splayed her hand out towards Midoriya, who was panting heavily before yelling out her call.

"Welcome the anguish, so it gave, more strength to work more skill to save!"

She watched a glowing light jut out of her hand and reach towards Midoriya, before getting lost in Muscular's mass of muscles.

"NO!"

She ran in after she misfired spell, spinning around Midoriya and pushing both him and Kota away.

"What was that?" Midoriya called to her, having seen the glowing light too.

"I tried to use a spell to make you stronger but it misfired and uh... Now he has it."

"What the fuck?"

"Calm down, I got this! Though fate won't always do what we desire, still we can set the world on fire!"

Nothing happened.

"What the fuck?" Y/n ducked under a swing from Muscular.

"If you two are done, I'll deal with him first and take you later."

Do I have a fucking cooldown timer on my powers? How long does it last?

If you let me take control, there won't be any limits on your power. No 5-minute cooldowns for you.

Absolutely not, I'm not that desperate.

Suit yourself, don't come crawling back to me when- DUCK!

Following the words of her evil sentient second self, the h/c girl ducked under yet another blow from Muscular. This turned out to be a feint as he grabbed her by the ankle and slammed her into the wall, creating an indent.

Y/n spat blood out of her mouth as she watched Midoriya get knocked back. Kota threw a rock at Muscular. 

"Water Hose... My mom... and dad... Did you torture them like this... When you killed them..?"

Oh, that's got to be a lot of trauma, someone get this kid some therapy. Come to think of it, yeah, that's probably where his hatred of heroes came from.