6. Suspiciously Knowing

Y/n woke up in a hospital bed. Everything hurt. She sat up, groaning. Ysera had told her she would feel intense pain, but this was overload. A nurse came in holding a clipboard. Their eyes widened and they ran back out. Y/n rested her body back on her elbows.

"U-uh, hello?"

Why am I still tired...

You used energy. You didn't rest. You almost died?

Plausible... Where did the nurse go?

"U-uh, Nurse? Where'd you go?"

Y/n hopped out of the bed, gingerly putting weight on her legs. "Hello?"

Y/n walked out of her room and wandered around. The place seemed to be sort of busy. She was glad that she wasn't trailing blood but found it weird that no one stopped her. 

Wait, isn't this the hospital that Rei Todoroki is in? Maybe I should visit her.

Who?

Remember? The mother of the dual-hair kid.

That is a bad idea, but no one is watching so do it.

Y/n ran up to the front desk trying to hide her bandages. "Hey... I'm looking for Rei Todoroki's room?"

"Uh... Room 341. The psychiatric ward."

Y/n ran off, the receptionist calling after her. Eventually finding the room she took a deep breath. The door was open. She peeked in. Rei was just as pretty as all of the art made her out to be. She was even prettier. Y/n knocked gently on the door. Rei looked up. "Who are you?"

"U-uh, I'm Y/n... I'm one of your son's classmates? We aren't close though."

"I'm glad he's being more open..."

"He isn't. I just put two and two together... Uh, I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you."

"Oh... Well, why are you here?"

"I wanted to meet you. Plus, I already almost died so I thought, why not see if anyone cool is in."

"Aw..."

"Uh, can I write you letters? I kind of need a friend on the outside. School is really hard..."

"Sure!"

Rei gave Y/n her address within the hospital to Y/n. Someone knocked on the door. Both Y/n and Rei turned to see a guy with dark hair, scarred skin, and bright blue eyes. Y/n's eyes widened.

Oh shit. Dabi.

"Uh... I think I'm going to just go... They probably are looking for me right now and I'll probably be in hot water if they find me with you and him."

"Don't tell anyone, please."

"Wasn't planning on it... Sir, you can come in. I'll shut the door behind me but you might want to put on a disguise."

"There's no need." Dabi scowled at her.

"It will help... So you don't get caught."

"Fine, but only because she trusts you."

"Alright... Beautiful at any size, make this man a nice disguise." Y/n grabbed Dabi's arm.

Dabi turned into a balding man with green eyes and a mustache, no scarring whatsoever.

"Damn, you look like a very skinny Hulk Hogan... Uh, can I give a parting word, my dudes?"

Dabi grunted. Rei looked at her expectantly.