29. Therapy and the Sudden 'Romantic' Subplot

Y/n had finished setting up her counselor room. On a whim, she went to the local home furnishings store and picked up a bunch of supplies after the exam and had immediately gotten to work in her newly acquired counseling room. She had made the room in an eclectic way. There were ivy and neon lights, wound around the window and strung across the walls. There were records hung on the wall and various Polaroid-style picture collages on the walls. She even had included a small snack bar with a kettle that she could warm with her powers. There were potted plants and a small bookshelf, a desk, and a couch with a couple of Papasan and beanbag chairs near it. She had made an aesthetic room built on the money given to her by Aisse.

She was sitting at her desk trying to catch up with her school work, sent to her by Nezu when she heard a knocking at her door. Placing the work inside her desk drawer, Y/n went and opened the door.

"Time for your first job." Aizawa's tired eyes squinted at her.

Y/n grabbed her shoes and slipped them on quickly.

"You decorated really quickly."

"Wanted to make sure students felt welcome." Y/n grinned.

The two walked out the door to be stopped by All Might.

"It's Midoriya and Bakugou again... They're fighting at the training grounds."

"Indeed they are." All Might sighed a bit. "But I've been thinking about those two since before school started, so could you let me handle this?"

"I'll come with, just so I can check in with Bakugou. He seems to have been having a rough time lately."

Y/n followed All Might to ground beta, where Midoriya and Bakugou had already roughened each other up. The two came in time for Bakugou's monologue.

"How?! How'd I end up chasing after a dweeb who was always playing catch-up?! Why'd a twerp like you get that kind of power...? You got All Might to recognize you... You got way stronger! So why was it me... Why was it me who put an end to All Might?"

All Might tried to step forward but Y/n shook her head, leaning to whisper something about 'character growth' to him. He nodded and relented. 

"If only I'd been stronger... If I hadn't been kidnapped by those stupid villains, everything would've been fine!"

Y/n gave a concerned frown, upset at the notion that a literal child would feel as though it was his fault for being kidnapped.

"All Might's trying to keep it a secret himself... He hasn't told anyone! But even if I try to forget... Sometimes it all just comes rushing back! I've got no freaking idea what I'm supposed to do!!"

Poor thing. Keeping all of that stuff in like that. But fighting is not the way to go about it- ... and they're fighting again.

Y/n took out the notebook she had brought with her and started to jot down notes on his emotions as well as Midoriya's as they both monologued at each other. Under Bakugou's section, she put 'inferiority complex' in bold and underlined the words 'guilt'. Under Midoriya's section, she wrote a couple of lines about his needless selflessness. Then she jotted down other notes considering the fight. 

She had been sucked into her work when her name was called.

"-And Y/n! She was brought into this mess! Despite doing nothing. She fucking sacrificed herself to save me. I turn back around to save her and she's giving me this sad smile! God... You remember when they made us think she had always been on their side? It was so damn easy to believe because we already thought that... We made her an outcast! We fucking drove her into believing that she was the bad guy despite only trying to help! And now she's probably fucking dead! ... I had the chance to save her and I didn't. How can I save anyone when I can't even save someone within my grasp!"