10. Fake Heroes

Y/n had peered into the alley. She looked again. Ingenium and Stain were facing off. He had been injured but Y/n was pretty sure she could heal him. Hearing another anguished yell, she stepped into the alley.

"What on earth are you all doing?"

Both men turned to face her. She looked at Stain. He was creepier in real life and she almost panicked. Mustering up all her courage she spoke again. 

"Why are you doing this? What purpose does this have?"

Stain looked at her. "He is a false hero."

"So?"

"So I must eradicate him."

"That is actually the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Are you serious? Why would you do that if the world hasn't even been rid of evil?"

"Heroes are supposed-"

"Yeah, yeah. Heroes are supposed to be great. Never meet your idols. Fucking hell. Five heroes came into my room and ransacked it without my consent with the tagline 'we can do what we want we're heroes'. I'm still pissed."

"That's why I was saying-"

"I'm not done. Sure, heroes suck, no offense Ingenium, but at least they are somewhat trying? What I'm trying to say is... I won't let you hurt him."

"Then you'll have to go first."

Stain drew his swords and ran at Y/n. She drew her twin blades, thanking Hecate that she hadn't left her bracelets at home.

"You shouldn't hurt people. It makes you no better than a false hero."

She countered his blows.

Adonis! Good job!

Thanks, Mire.

"I will not let you hurt others, especially while they are down."

With a harsh kick to the stomach from stain, Y/n was thrown backward against a wall. She stood up, yelping a little in pain. Her swords had vanished as her concentration had vanished. Seeing one of his swords flying at her she shifted her body to the side. It lodged itself into the wood next to her cheek.

"Power Loader-sensei, Hawks! Help!"

She pulled the sword out with all of her strength. Panting and heaving a little from the kick, she turned to face him with narrowed eyes. 

"Give up. Just let me kill the false hero, then I might spare your life."

"Do I look like I have the will to live? Well no. I don't. But Ingenium has the will to live. He has the fight and a bright future ahead. You shouldn't take that away from him!"

Hey... How do I work my tattoo again? Hecate says it was like a second skin which was a little gross but I'll work with it.

Say a spell. WATCH OUT!

Y/n ducked the swipe coming at her head. She crawled out in between his legs. Backing up as far as she could, she said the first thing that came to her mind.

"Flames, Wind, Rock, Sea. Elements, come to me!"

Noticing he was approaching her, she used a gust of wind to blast him back. Keeping one hand stretched out behind her to keep him contained in the wind, she walked towards Ingenium.

"Healfast, healfast, ye hero wounds; O knight, be quickly strong! Beloved strive for fame and life, oh, tarry not too long!"

Watching his wounds heal she sighed and waiting calmly. That is until she was thrown against a wall, a blade cutting against her leg.