23. I knew that this would happen. Why does this always happen?

Y/n blinked to make sure she heard that right.

"Yeah, Y/n, let's go, the boss is waiting, and they have solid proof of your undercover operation!" Dabi smirked at her. She saw a sort of cool fire in his stare - what was he trying? Y/n's head was spinning. This man truly was cruel, and at this point, she wasn't even sure if he was human.

"Yup, this is it. I've officially lost my marbles. Forever. Like, they're gone and I don't think we're getting them back."

"Is this true? You were with them all along?" Uraraka looked down at her, looking betrayed.

Y/n blearily gaped at her, fighting, in her exhausted delirium, to hold back a scream or a sob.

"W-what? Obviously-"

"C'mon Y/n-chan! Mr. Handy's waiting for us! I don't want to have to break you out of jail!" Toga pouted at her.

What? What the fuck? 

Y/n looked frantically from her classmates to the villains. Thankfully, as far as she could tell, everything was just the same as it would've been had she not been there. There were no new opponents. However, she couldn't figure out why they even really knew about her.

"Y/n, just drop the act so we can get on with our plans. We know you enjoyed not running from the law and pretending to be benevolent, but you belong back with us."

Y/n turned to her classmates to plead her innocence but stopped, frozen from the chill of their glares, which had turned from confusion to hatred.

"S-so... You've always been with them?" Midoriya called out, eyes wide. Looking at him almost made her lose it. Midoriya had always been kind to her- if somewhat nervous- but now he was staring at her with a look of pure shock and horror. He didn't even look angry like the others, only hurt. Y/n wanted to comfort him, to tell him this was all some cruel joke on the part of the League, but her voice caught in her raw throat.

No, no, no, no... This cannot be happening.

"I knew it." Todoroki crouched slightly as if he was about to attack.

Why can't they see that I have helped them! That I've done a lot to stop them from getting more hurt. Or at the very least speed up healing. Midoriya would be completely out by now and the potions I gave him! They're treating me like a villain!

"Oh, for fucks sake, I helped you guys neutralize them! I helped you knock out Muscular and stopped Dark Shadow's rampage! I even gave you guys regeneration potions, to decrease the likelihood of you having permanent damage!" Y/n's voice broke as she spoke.

"You made Muscular stronger though!" Midoriya gritted his teeth, Todoroki shooting his head towards him to confirm.

"What part of 'accident' did you not understand, I cannot comprehend how fucking stupid this is. They are literally lying, c'mon!"

Dabi gave her what was supposed to be a comforting smile. "C'mon, you don't need to play pretend anymore, let's just go." At that moment, Y/n couldn't have hated a man as much as she hated that stapled-together son of a bitch.

Y/n moved away from everyone, trying to put some distance between her and them.

"But... I..."

Her classmates had moved into defensive positions as more students entered the clearing.

"What's going on?"

Momo had run into the clearing.

"Oh, Momo! Thank-"

"She's been with them the whole time. Just like we thought." 

Just as we thought? 

Had no one been genuine with her throughout her entire time at UA?