32. White Hair, Trauma, and the Same Three Letters

Y/n sighed for the sixth time that morning. The stupid plot hadn't even gotten started and she was already tired.

She, Sana, and Aisse had spent a while being heroes and doing busy work. Sana was the best at solving crime, while Aisse was pretty good at humanitarian situations. Y/n spent as much of her time away from UA, hoping to god she didn't have to interact with Bakugou. Unfortunately, she couldn't avoid all of the class, and as such her job caught up to her fast.

Todoroki had been sent to her office and from the text she had received from Aizawa in the middle of the three girls fighting a villain, it was serious. Y/n flew to her room, leaving Sana and Aisse to finish the transfer to the police and transformed back into her regular clothes, in this case, a white turtleneck and khaki chinos, a matching jacket on top.

"So... What's up? You're here because you somehow lost control of your quirk."

"Nothing, it's fine."

Y/n stared at the bi-color-haired kid. He was still recovering from his self-inflicted ice burns.

"Obviously it's not because you wouldn't have been sent to me if you were actually fine."

Todoroki sat there, slowly sinking into the armchair.

This is getting nowhere and I am under-qualified.

"Alright kid, I don't know what's up with you but I have a couple options. We can either sit here staring at each other until you get cleared by me to go back to class, or we can do something else that can maybe help you."

"Like what?"

So dry. Help.

"We can go outside, get some food, walk around. I actually have to get some things, but I as an empath can sense that you're not doing to hot."

"Can't you just let me go?"

"Not when you look like you're going to commit a killing spree if I let you leave. Now c'mon, let's go get... cold soba? Is that good with you?"

The male nodded and they both stood up. Y/n grabbed her ID, keys, and bag.

"Let's go."

Todoroki walked behind her to the teachers lounge where she knocked on the door before opening it.

"Hey, I'm gonna take a kid out for food or something so he can chill out."

Without waiting for a response, she began walking away, the bi-color-haired kid walking after her.

They had stopped at a convenience store, where Y/n had picked up 2 packages of zaru soba and various snacks that she thought he might enjoy. Heading a couple blocks over to a little park, the two sat down on benches facing each other.

"What is this?"

"What do you mean what is- Oh, it's convenience store cold soba."

After saying their thanks in unison, the two dug in.

"Alright kid, I've bought you food, what's your problem?"

Todoroki for lack of a better word completely shut down.

Y/n sighed.

"Is it something that you think is embarrassing to be a problem so you don't want to tell me? Because you seem to have no problem relaying your problems to your peers."

The kid glanced at her with wide eyes before quickly glancing back down.

"Is this familial?" Y/n put down her chopsticks, opening one of the snack bags.