31. Permeation and Germaphobia

Y/n stood at the front of the classroom next to Amajiki. The big three were presenting but poor Amajiki looked less than enthused to be there. 

"Let's get right to it. How 'bout some introductions? Starting with you Amajiki." Aizawa seemed about as tired as usual.

Amajiki panicked and stared intensely at the class. Y/n looked at him with an encouraging smile.

"It's not good Mirio, Hado... I was going for potatoes but they still all look like humans from the neck down... What do I do? Having trouble... speaking." Amajiki's voice shook. "My mind's gone blank... It hurts... I wanna go now!"

The poor guy turned away from the class facing the chalkboard. Y/n put a hand on his back and started rubbing soothing circles.

"Hey, it's alright! Talking is super difficult. It'd be odd if you were really good at it."

The socially anxious teen began to relax as Hado and Mirio took the lead.

"Isn't it funny that people call that having the heart of a flea? So weird!" Hado was bubbly as usual. "He's Tamaki Amajiki, the flea, and I'm Nejire Hado. We came here today to talk to you about work studies."

Hado went on a little tirade of making various 1-A students a bit uncomfortable with her energetic question.

"Alright hun, let Mirio talk. He's trying something." Y/n placed a hand on Hado's shoulder to hold her in place.

"The outlook's looking.....!?"

There was silence.

Nooo, my second-hand embarrassment.

"...Grim! The answer's 'Grim'!" Despite his first exclamation not going over, he persisted with a hearty laugh. "Well, that didn't go over so well!"

The blonde started on his serious shtick, and Y/n wondered what exactly she was doing there.

Mirio, after asserting his dominance, proceeded to take the whole class to Gym Gamma and line them up with a huge grin on his face. 

"Whenever you're ready, then come at me, who's gonna be first?"

Midoriya, as someone always eager to fight and prove himself,  offered himself up first.

"One day, this kid's gonna kill himself," Y/n muttered to the other two third-years who stood beside her.

"Oh don't say that! He's enthusiastic!" Hado smiled sweetly.

"He's also very reckless."

"The problem child! Right, of course, you'd step up. you've got spirit!"

Deku powered up as the rest of the class began to team up. In a sort of chaotic operation, the underclassmen attempted to best Mirio, failing miserably.

At the almost 6 minute mark, Mirio emerged with half of the members of the class incapacitated. Thankfully the blonde still had pants on.

"This is a great opportunity, everyone, so get that lesson beat into you. Because Mirio Togata, as far as I know, is the closest to being the top hero even including us pros!"

"...This dude's invincible!"

Y/n turned her head towards Tamaki's inner monologue. As if she could tell what he was thinking, she patted his shoulder.

"They're trying, they just aren't all thinking."

Midoriya began to mumble in a loud tone about the way to defeat him.

"See Tamaki, the brains."

As Mirio vanished and reappeared, Midoriya predicted his movement accurately and went in with a kick. Unfortunately for him, Mirio had a special move up his sleeve.