26. A Court of Politics and Misunderstandings

"I'm sorry what?"

"We are discussing your trial and execution."

Y/n blinked repeatedly.

"Nope, it's too early for this. Business hours are closed, please come back later."

"You will be getting some time to talk with your court-issued consultant. Up you get."

Y/n looked up at the being in front of her. A tall woman with floppy bunny ears grabbed her arm, hoisting her up. The bunny-lady led her down the corridors of what had once been an ocean cave but was now a complicated system of tunnels running below ground level. Eventually, the two reached a gilded bronze door covering the entrance to what was most likely a smaller cave.

Bunny-girl knocked on the door, before it opened inwards, ominously.

"Well come on, you don't want to keep her waiting."

Shaking her head slightly, Y/n walked inside. The inside was stone, with an ornate round table, and shelves full of various books and weaponry.

What kind of lawyer has a replica of Utena's sword? I don't-

"What are you doing?"

Y/n jumped and turned around. When she saw no one behind her, she turned back around and silenced a yelp. Someone had appeared right in front of her. 

The lady had horns, one arching over her head in a circular fashion, and the other broken about halfway. She had dark skin with splotches of paleness splashed almost artfully over her and cracks and freckles along her face, neck, and elven ears. She had five eyes, each long, thin, and angled symmetrically, black sclera and pink iris gleaming from within. Her hair was green and put up in braids, half styled into a knot at the top of her head.

Y/n eyed her commander-esque uniform. She looked intimidating, to say the least.

"Is that the fucking uniform from Owari no Seraph?"

The horned lady pinched the bridge of her nose.

"All right take a seat. I'm going to ignore all of your questions unless they are important to your case."

So no introduction?

"My name is Aisse. I am the commander of the 3rd Sanctum army." 

"Oh shit, can you hear my thoughts?"

"Yes. It is one of my many powers."

"Okay, so can you tell me what I'm doing here because I have no clue."

"They didn't tell you anything? Oh for-"

The green-haired lady mumbled furiously under her breath.

She's like scary-pretty. Like you could kill me and I'd say thank you, but also lowkey please don't stab me with your lesbian sword.

"I just told you I can read your thoughts. You are incredibly forward. Either way, you are going to trial."

"Yeah, I know. But what for? Bunny-girl said they were going to execute me, but I still don't know what I did."

"You didn't follow through with your end of the bargain."

The what?

"What bargain?"

"What do you mean what bargain? You signed the letter didn't you?"

"There was a letter?"

"Oh for fucks sake. The letter, you wouldn't have been able to- This letter!"