Chapter Thirty Five ~ Bathed In Moonlight

Taehyung

Taehyung.

Taehyung can't sleep, he's been restless since the two of them headed upstairs to sleep over three hours ago.

He needs space.

Just a moment or two to gather his thoughts before attempting to sleep again.

He smiles fondly, gently lifting Y/N's arm which is currently draped over his bare chest and setting it down on the mattress.

She's so beautiful.

He's so enamoured.

For a moment he allows himself to watch the steady rise and fall of her chest, to trace the shimmer of moonlight along her cheekbones as it filters through the thin drapes.

Then his thoughts turn back to Sasha and the warning she delivered earlier that evening.

He reluctantly pulls himself away from Y/N, bare feet padding softly across the carpet as he leaves the room and heads downstairs.

It probably has nothing to do with his mother but it just doesn't seem like something Sasha would do of her own accord.

Yes, she was hurt by his rejection but she was a beautiful woman who wasn't short of men chasing after her.

Why would she come after him now?

How does she even know about his feelings for Y/N?

It has to be his mother....the only other people who know about his blossoming relationship with Y/N are his friends and of course Y/N's friends but none of them would ever say anything to Sasha.

His blood runs cold.

What the hell is his mother planning?

He sighs, fingers pushing his hair back in sheer frustration as he pulls open the fridge and grabs a cold beer.

Not really the best time for drinking but he just needs the one drink to take the edge off.

The air outside is warm, a gentle breeze wrapping around him as he steps through the patio doors and heads for the lake, toes curling into the grass when he stills to take in the view.

He's not going to let his mother or Sasha ruin his time with Y/N.

He will deal with the text when they return home, Y/N is the only one who deserves his attention.