Chapter Twenty Five ~ Make Or Break

Taehyung.

"I need to talk with you." Miles stood by the doorway to Y/N's room, watching as Taehyung picked up the last suitcase.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung cocked a brow quizzically, taking tentative steps across the room.

"I don't know what happened, part of me doesn't want to find out either because it'll only make me angry but you make it right. I don't want her coming back from this trip with a broken heart, she deserves better."

Taehyung fully expected this little confrontation, he made a mistake that  was already haunting him and the guilt he felt for upsetting Y/N only made it worse.

"I promise, she's important to me too Miles." Taehyung hoped he could see the truth behind his words, she was everything to him and he wanted so badly to make this work.

"I don't think you understand Taehyung, that wonderful woman sitting waiting for you downstairs saved my life. I hid my sexuality for so long, afraid of what people would think of me. I was ashamed, lived a lie for so long just to keep those around me appeased and it only made me miserable. I was trapped, alone and frustrated and Y/N was the only one to lead me out of that darkness, to show me that it wasn't what made other people happy that was important but what made me happy. I lost so many friends and family members when they discovered I was just a little too different for them but Y/N stood by my side and helped me weather all the storms that followed. I love her with my whole damn heart, she's my best friend and the only family I've ever really known or felt accepted by. I never want to see her hurting and if you're the cause of it you better run because if you stupidly allowed me to catch you.....well let's just say it won't be pleasant." Miles looked emotionally drained by the end of his little speech, eyes full of tears and jaw ticking from the strain of holding himself together.

"Miles please trust me, she's special to me too. I've never had anyone stand up to me the way she did when we first met, she intrigued me like no other woman before her and ever since that day my feelings for her have only strengthened. I was stupid, made a rash decision but I promise you that won't happen again. I'm taking her away because I want us to both open up to each other, lay everything out on the table. I don't want to keep anymore secrets from her or do anything that could possibly ruin this."

Miles gave a nod in understanding, he could see the honesty swimming in those dark eyes his friend loved so much and even though he was still hesitant he offered his hand, an understanding between two men who cared for a very special woman.

"If she calls me crying or distressed in anyway, I'll castrate you pretty boy. Do I make myself clear?"

Taehyung chuckled, dropping his hand from Miles' powerful grip once the two had called a truce.

"Crystal." Taehyung gave a nod, eyes full of nothing but sincerity.

"Okay, let me say goodbye to my friend and then you can go."

Taehyung expected nothing less, simply nodding.

The two men entered the elevator in silence, throwing occasional glances before they reached the lobby.

Taehyung was fully aware that even thought Miles didn't despise him that he wasn't exactly his biggest fan either, especially after finding out something had happened between them which upset Y/N.

One step at a time.

Taehyung told himself over and over as the two men left the apartment building and made their way to Taehyung's car where Y/N was waiting.

"Hey princess, open up." Miles rapped his knuckles on the glass separating them, smiling as she fumbled around for the button.

"Come to say goodbye? Missing me already?" Y/N chuckled as she finally removed the barrier between them, fingers lacing together.

"Pfft, can't wait for you to leave actually. I'm planning to throw a huge party, get raging drunk and then eat the contents of your refrigerator."

The two laughed, Y/N shaking her head because she knew he was merely teasing her.

"Don't lie, you're going to veg around in your party suit watching Netflix."

Miles smirked, lips pressing chaste kisses to her forehead.

"Ah, you know me so well princess."

"Don't worry, I'll miss you too." She whispered, the two sharing a final kiss before Taehyung cleared his throat.

"We should get going baby, don't want to hit all the works traffic, plus we need to stop off and get you some breakfast."

Miles wished them both a safe trip, watching as Taehyung slid behind the wheel and reached over to kiss Y/N gently on the lips.

Don't screw this up Taehyung.

He thought to himself as the car finally disappeared from view.

This trip was make or break and Miles hoped for Y/N's sake it wasn't the latter.