Chapter Thirty Seven ~ Maps & Embers

"I can't believe Kim Taehyung is calling me to ask about sex

"I can't believe Kim Taehyung is calling me to ask about sex." Jimin giggled over the line.

Taehyung furrowed his brow, eyes rolling even though he knew Jimin couldn't see him. "I know enough about sex you idiot, it's the more intimate kind that I'm not exactly well versed in." He sighed, eyes moving from one bottle of champagne to the next. "

"I'm not much better myself Tae, only had one serious relationship and that ended ages ago." There was the rustling of sheets as Jimin shifted in bed, he took the morning shift at the club to oversee a delivery and Taehyung appreciated it immensely because usually that was his job but Jimin had agreed to take on all Taehyung's usual responsibilities as well as his own so he could spend this much needed time with Y/N.

"I've never had a serious relationship before so already you've got more experience than me and besides....." He picks up both bottles, tonight has to be perfect so he refuses to settle for anything but the best. ".....you're the only one I really trust with this. Hey would you go for the more expensive champagne or the one with higher alcohol content?"

"Okay...first, that's really sweet you trust me enough and second where are you? I thought you were at the cabin, didn't you already take champagne?"

Taehyung pauses, bottom lip caught between his teeth as he curses the blush that spreads across his cheeks. "I erm...needed some air so told Y/N I needed to pick some things up from the store."

"You needed air why?"

"Something happened earlier and it took me by surprise, haven't stopped thinking about it since." Taehyung felt arousal pool in his gut as he recalled the sound that left Y/N's rose kissed lips that morning, it was a cross between a gasp and moan and he didn't think something that small could turn him on this much.

"You going to elaborate on that or leave me hanging." Taehyung could hear the smirk in Jimin's tone and rolled his eyes, he wasn't about to talk about this in the local supermarket as he shopped for champagne and snacks for later and he told his friend as much.

"Come on Tae, you've got to give me something okay, you can't say something like that and then leave me waiting."

"This morning in bed something seemed off with Y/N, she didn't look her usual self and felt really warm when I touched her so I was worried you know, thought maybe she was coming down with something so asked if she was okay." Taehyung pauses, looking around him to make sure he's still the only one standing in this particular aisle and once he assuaged that he was he continued. "I swear all I was doing was touching her forehead to check how hot she was, a brush of my fingers and she let out this moany gaspy thing before totally getting flustered and hightailing it to the bathroom." Taehyung immediately regrets telling his friend when after a moment of silence he giggles, that high tinkling sound which is reserved for when he finds something endearing yet amusing.