Chapter Thirty Nine ~ Sparks

"You fucking idiot

"You fucking idiot." Jimin seethes, chopsticks viciously stabbing at his instant noodles as he stares Taehyung down from across the table.

"I don't understand why you didn't tell her about the text from Sasha, you said that you weren't going to keep things from her anymore."

Taehyung understands why his friend is angry, this isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time he makes a bad decision and royally fucks up but he just wasn't expecting it to be so soon after his revelation fireside.

He promised to never keep things from Y/N anymore, that together they would face his mother and Sasha head on but when they arrived back in Seoul everything was so perfect and they were both so happy and he just couldn't bring himself to ruin that.

"Look I know that I'm an idiot okay so you don't have to yell at me."

"I'm not yelling Tae, I'm just frustrated because I don't want to see you or Y/N get hurt or for any misunderstandings to come between the two of you." Jimin sighs, his eyes softening as he reaches across to squeeze Taehyung's hand. "We both know what your mother is capable of and if she's already got Sasha involved then it spells trouble and you going to meet her alone is the absolute worst thing you can do."

"I know, trust me I know but she was so happy." Taehyung whines, recalling the moment he dropped Y/N back off at her apartment earlier that morning.

"I wanted to tell, had every intention of doing so but she was so happy and I just couldn't bring myself to bring her crashing back down to reality."

"Tae I know that you're scared of losing Y/N but you've got to have more faith in her, didn't she say that no matter what she was going to stand by your side?"

"Yes but how many times have people said that to me before? I've had so many in my life who promised me that they wouldn't let my mother scare them away and each and every single damn time she's always come out the victor and I trust Y/N....of course I do but that doesn't mean she's going to survive my mother."

"So what are you saying Tae?" Jimin cocks a brow quizzically. "I thought you weren't going to let your mom win anymore, I thought you were going to fight for what you wanted so why is this suddenly changing overnight."

"I was so sure of everything yesterday, I had this sudden surge of confidence and felt invincible with Y/N beside me but the moment we left the safety and security of the cabin...the moment we arrived back in Seoul it was like everything inside me just shut down. This isn't just about me Jimin, this is about Y/N.....you know my mother will do everything in her power to destroy her and I will never forgive myself if she succeeds."

"You're already letting her succeed by talking and thinking this way don't you see that? You've come back from your trip with this defeatist attitude and that will only make things easier for your mother."

Taehyung knows that what Jimin says is true, of course he does but it doesn't make this any less terrifying. Yesterday his mother was miles away from their cabin and the two of them were safe from the danger she undeniably poses but now that they're back in Seoul he's not so sure of himself.

"If it was just me against my mother then I wouldn't care, I would just face her head on like I have done before in the past and damn the consequences but it's not just me anymore Jimin....Y/N's involved in this now and if anything happens to her I'll never forgive myself." Taehyung sighs, his heart aching at the prospect of his girlfriend having to go through more suffering. "I know she's strong, I know she loves me and I know she'll stand by my side regardless of what my mother tries to do and that's what scares me the most.....she won't ever stop fighting my mother and as much as I love Y/N, as much as I have faith and believe in her nobody comes out on top when dealing with my mother."

"So what, you go back to Y/N and break things off with her? Hey Y/N, I know we've just had an incredible trip together where we've opened up and confessed our love but I've changed my mind and it's over." Jimin scoffs, eyes narrowing. "You would destroy her Taehyung, you can't keep messing her around like this and you sure as hell can't keep doing this to yourself. I know you're scared, I know you just want to protect Y/N but this is your opportunity to finally stick it to your mom. I'm here, I'll always have your back and so will the rest of the guys....you're not alone and neither is Y/N okay? She's one of us now, part of our dysfunctional family and we'll protect her too. Don't lose your resolve now, don't let her win. I know you can do this Tae, don't you love Y/N? Don't you think she's worth fighting for?"

Taehyung doesn't even hesitate because of course he loves her and of course she's worth it so he says as much, that fire from yesterday slowly sparking back to life.

"Tomorrow you call Y/N and tell her about the message from Sasha, the two of you need to work out how best to approach the situation. I know it's scary but if you stick together then you'll get through this, just don't let your mom get inside your head because that's when you start to lose that fire in you. There's a reason your mom always wins Tae, she always wins because people fear her and what's she capable of."

"So how am I supposed to fight that?"

Jimin leans back, a devilish smirk pulling at his lips. "To face someone like your mother you need to show her that you're not afraid, that whatever she throws at you she'll get back but tenfold. I think you're forgetting that myself and the rest of the guys aren't just pretty faces and big bank accounts, we're smart as hell too and when we put our minds to something we can be just as ruthless and terrifying as your mother."

"Park Jimin are you saying what I think you're saying?" Taehyung feels those sparks roaring to life, his own lips mirroring that of his best friend.

"I'm saying it's time to take your mother down once and for all."

((Hey guys! I'm finally back after suffering with awful writers block for the longest time plus sadly having to deal with the passing of my grandad 😔💜 it's been a tough few months for me and I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. I'm happy to announce that I'll be updating every Friday from now on 🥰 plus continuing to edit my other books so I can post them again. I hope you guys liked this chapter, Taehyung is currently struggling and having an emotional tug of war with himself but hopefully with Jimin's help and some help from the guys he can get through this. Do we agree with him not telling Y/N about the message, did he have a good reason as to why he couldn't do it? Let me know your thoughts as always and let me know what you would like to see in coming chapters. The next update will be next Friday 💜 love you guys))