Chapter Thirty Three ~ Breakfast In Bed

Y/N

Y/N.

Surprising Taehyung with breakfast in bed seemed like a really good idea at the time, she hadn't really spent enough time in the cabin to move around it without some difficulty but she remembered the path to and from the stairs well enough and once reaching the upper landing it was pretty easy to find the bedroom.

Her issue was the kitchen.

Taehyung had explained the layout to her when they first arrived, given her time to map things out and even let her know which cupboards and drawers she could find things in but what he hadn't explained to her was the layout of the fridge.

Such a simple thing yet one that was currently causing her a ridiculous amount of stress.

She managed to find two bowls from one of the cupboards above the range, remembered where the drawer was for the cutlery and carefully felt her way through to pull out two spoons.

So far so good.

Or so she thought.

It's honestly ridiculous that she's worrying over something like this, she knows how stupid it must seem but she has a system and likes everything to have a designated place so it's easier for her to find exactly what she needs without any fuss, so when she opens the fridge and the milk isn't where she usually puts it for some asinine reason she starts to panic.

Before arriving at the cabin the two had stopped at a local store and loaded the cart with plenty of food and drinks to last them during their stay, Taehyung had unpacked and loaded the fridge as Y/N sat at the counter talking with him and now she wishes she had said something, told him to place things in a way that would be easy for her to navigate but she was too wrapped up in their conversation at the time and now she's deeply regretting it.

She regrets it even more when her fingers accidentally push what feels like a glass jar too far along the shelving on her search for milk only for it to fall and crash against the tiles, the smell of pickled brine hitting her soon after along with waves of embarrassment and shame.

All she wanted was to do something special for Taehyung and now here she was, standing in the middle of the mess she stupidly caused all because the fridge wasn't laid out the way she usually liked it to be.

Maybe his mom was right, maybe she isn't good for him.

Y/N wasn't the type to wallow in her own self pity, she lost her sight and that's not something anyone should have to be subjected to but the important thing was that she was still alive and healthy.

Things could be a hell of a lot worse all things considered.

Yet that didn't mean she sometimes didn't have moments of doubt, of feeling insecure and angry over what happened to her and now she's feeling that tenfold.