Chapter Thirty One ~ Mr. McSappy

Taehyung

Taehyung.

"Where is she now?"

"Downstairs taking a nap, she got sleepy after dinner and passed out on my shoulder." Taehyung smiled as he responded.

"How did she take everything?"

"Surprisingly well, she was so patient and understanding. I feel like she deserves better, that she should be with someone who doesn't have so much baggage." Taehyung frowns as he opens his suitcase and scours the contents, he was sure he packed the surprise for Y/N but couldn't find anything besides neatly folded clothes and toiletries.

Jimin sighed over the phone, exasperated.

"Tae you need to stop doing this, it's not good for you to be constantly putting yourself down. It's obvious to everyone just how much you genuinely care for her. It's about time you had more faith in yourself, that you stop letting what's happened in the past dictate your future. I know things haven't been easy, that you've made some stupid decisions and as a result of that there's been some bumps in the road but Y/N is still there Tae, she hasn't left you."

"I still can't believe she's here, that she hasn't given up yet. It can't be easy for her, dealing with my emotional constipation and now my mother's ridiculous threats. I've done so many questionable and downright hurtful things to her since we met, what if I continue to mess things up? You know me Chim, you know what I'm like. I'm not just going to change overnight, it'll take time for me to not be so closed off....but I want to keep trying for her, I really do."

"Tae you're doing it again, second guessing and doubting yourself when you should focus on the future instead. I know you've done questionable things, hurtful ones too but you've admitted them to Y/N and she's forgiven you so why are you still on this? Y/N isn't stupid Tae, she's a smart woman and she knows that it's not going to be easy, that it'll take time."

"I know, you're right. I'm just scared, we both know what my mother is capable of. I'm afraid that she's going to win, that she's going to succeed in taking Y/N away from me." Taehyung opens his Gucci travel bag, mood brightening as he locates what he's been looking for since heading upstairs to call Jimin and update him on what's happened so far.

"Tae, when your mother didn't want you investing in the club did that stop you from then proceeding to open an entire chain of them?"