Chapter Twenty Four ~ Honesty

Taehyung

Taehyung.

Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about the message his mother sent, the tyrannical woman had always been vindictive but this was a new low even for someone like her. Taehyung refused to let her win, she wanted to scare him and destroy his relationship with Y/N and that wasn't going to happen.

He arrived at the café shortly after leaving the restaurant, Jisoo was running around clearing tables as the familiar chime of bells above the door alerted her to his presence.

"Taehyung, wasn't expecting to see you here today."

"I finished early, came to see Y/N."

Jisoo finished stacking the tray with dirty cups and plates, she wasn't making eye contact and her tone seemed stern and abrasive.

"Jisoo what's going on?"

"I'm warning you Taehyung, don't take advantage of her." Jisoo slammed down the tray, eyes wild.

"I'm not following." They couldn't possibly know about the meeting with his mother, the restaurant was miles away from here.

"She's not stupid Taehyung, the two of you have been friends for months."

Taehyung was still lost, what was Jisoo insuating?

"Seriously Taehyung? You're a smart guy, do you really not know?"

"I've got no idea."

"Y/N knows you're lying to her, she was so upset when she got here earlier. I don't know where the hell you were today but that girl deserves better, she deserves the truth and if you can't give that to her you need to walk away before you do more damage." 

Taehyung furrowed his brow, how could she have discovered the truth? He felt awful, she was upset because of him and now Jimin would have the opportunity to say 'I told you so." Taehyung thought he was protecting her but he was wrong, he knew that now.

"Where is she? I need to explain, it's not what she thinks."

"I hope not Taehyung, she's in the kitchen."

"Thanks."

Jisoo gave a nod, motioning to the back. "Don't thank me, just make it right with her."

Taehyung intended to do just that, he felt so immensely guilty for lying to her.

"Y/N?"

"Why are you here? Thought you were busy with 'work'......important meeting you said, how did it go?" He didn't miss her sarcasm or the scowl that formed.

"How did you know?" He wanted to hold her and explain his actions but she was far too angry and so he knew it would be better to keep a safe distance and allow her time to vent.

"I'm blind but I'm not stupid Taehyung! I've known you for months now, we've spent the majority of our time together and I can tell when you're lying to me. I can hear the subtle changes in your tone, I could hear the change in your voice and knew something was wrong."

"You're so smart and beautiful even when you're angry."

"Don't do that! Don't try to soften me up with your compliments, you lied to me!"

Taehyung took slow, extremely cautious steps.

"You're so amazing and I'm such a fucking idiot for lying to you, I was just trying to protect you." His large hands cupped her face, eyes taking in every stunning feature twisted and distorted with anger.

"Explain Taehyung."

He couldn't help but smile, she was furious but still so tiny and adorable and this was why he loved her, every single part of her the good and bad.

"Come away with me."

"What?" Her face softened slightly, confusion evident in her tone.

"I want to explain everything, I need time to show you all the sides of me that you haven't had a chance to see yet. I don't want distractions, just the two of us. I've got a cabin a few hours from the city, we can pack a few things and take the weekend away from work. Please sweetheart, let me take you away and explain."

Taehyung needed this, they both did. He wasn't good at dealing with relationships, all his life people have only ever seen his wealth and station in society but never taken the time to know the real Kim Taehyung. He wants to show Y/N the real Taehyung, that she's the one for him and that his mother can never take that away from him.

"I'm falling in love with you." He wanted his confession to be somewhere more romantic but life isn't about the story book romance, sometimes it's about two friends taking that next step and allowing themselves to fall for the other and sometimes it's about telling that person you're falling as you both stand in a tiny kitchen full of dirty dishes.

"I'm trying to be mad at you and then you throw that at me.....you're so frustrating Kim Taehyung." 

He chuckles, thumb brushing over her bottom lip. "What's your answer?" He smirks, kissing the corner of her mouth.

"Okay, we can go away." He doesn't miss the way her body reacts to his touch.

"What about my confession?" He brushes my lips over hers, waiting for the words.

"I'm falling in love with you too."

That's all he needed to hear.

His mother will never stop him from loving this woman.

He'll do whatever it takes to keep them together.