Chapter Two ~ Curiosity

One week later

One week later.

Y/N let her fingers follow the braille, her skin moving lightly over the bumps. As she read, the ticking clock became a metronome of the library chatter and hubbub - a steady beat behind the melodic laughter of children. The carpet smelt more stale than usual, perhaps because Y/N was accustomed to coming earlier in the week, closer to when Mrs Harp had vacuumed and replaced the flowers at the reception desk. Yet there was something else, a tincture in the air she couldn't quite place.

"Did you see Kim Taehyung on the cover of the University magazine?"

Y/N paused as she read, the conversation between two girls somewhere to her left momentarily distracting her.

"He's so handsome! My friend Amber says she knows a girl who used to date him in college, apparently he's never had a serious relationship though."

Y/N shook her head, she was well aware of who they were talking about. He was the son of Mr Kim, the same Mr Kim who owned a chain of expensive hotels. Y/N couldn't help but chuckle at the conversation, Kim Taehyung was well known for his playboy reputation and she wasn't the slightest bit interested or impressed, she didn't even know what he looked like for starters but as the girls continued their conversation she was made aware that this young millionaire was a sight to behold.

"He owns that club right? Maybe we should try to get an invitation?"

"It's difficult to get one, he only allows people he believes are worthy."

Y/N cocks a brow, these poor delusional young women seemed to put this man on a pedestal.

It was late, she could tell this much from how the noise in the library eventually ebbed away to nothing but her gentle breathing.

"Y/N dear? I'm about to close for the night."

Mrs Choi shuffled close, Y/N smiled.

"I'm sorry, I got lost in my thoughts."

"Want me to call Miles for you dear? Ask him to fetch you?"

Y/N shook her head with a smile, remembering Miles was out with Cyrus tonight celebrating their anniversary.

"He's busy tonight but I'm fine, I can make my own way home.

Night had fallen fast upon the land when she left the library. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon.

Other than the darkness and herself all that seemed to exist was the chilly wind that's harsh bite could be felt through her black jacket. The bite of the wind had left its mark in the form of small bumps that were tingling on her arms, but its bite was more than flesh deep. Her blood ran cold through her veins and her bones were chilled.

The steady tap tap tap of her support cane hitting the ground below along with the gentle hum of traffic somewhere in the distance was all that could be heard until suddenly the heavens opened.